213 replies to this topic

#31 tomiko3

tomiko3

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:12 PM

ohhh what is eric in the hospital for. if seems like members from shinhwa always get hurt, dongwan was in the hospital not too long ago minwoo is constantly falling and now eric is in the hospital

#32 Strawberries513

Strawberries513

~Azn Wannabe~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 12:56 PM

There's a line in Hilary Duff's song Come Clean:
"When the light is off then it isn't on.." ;)"

omfg HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA omg you have no idea how hard that made me laugh.

#33 goodkarma

goodkarma

GROOVEDiGGER

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 02:39 PM

How can you not like Hikaru's english album lyrics? O__o; would you rather have her sing about hoes, or plain old sex on the dance floor. One of her songs is about sex or dancing but it actually manages to get some good lyrics in there. :P I still can't believe you all don't like the lyrics. Most of the lyrics are metaphorical, and beautiful. Kremlin Dusk alone has so many different levels of interpretation, and the album is genius :P (Yes I said it :P, and I'll say it again the album is genius.)
My favorite lyrics from there are
- Kremlin Dusk
- Exodus '04
- Hotel Lobby
- Let Me Give You My Love

Easy Breezy, does have historical meaning because of the stereotypes given to Japanese women.
You Make Me Want to Be aMan is about her wanting to be a man so that she could understand how a man acts. She can't fathom how or why he would act ina certain way and the boundaries of gender prevent this
:o

Isn't "Hotel Lobby" about a hooker or something? Well that's what I interpreted from the lyrics. ;);

#34 Odyism

Odyism

Odyism

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:29 PM

Isn't "Hotel Lobby" about a hooker or something? Well that's what I interpreted from the lyrics. ^_^;

Yup, in a literal sense it is about a hooker. But if you really read the lyrics there is alot more to it then just a random hooker in the streets.

#35 shinhuamanda

shinhuamanda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:00 PM

What comes to mind is...
"Mama says a man is dreamer"
-BoA, Dakishimeru
OH, and Ayumi's title "Are you wake up?" from her (miss)understood album.

Yup, both those things came to my mind too. Another one is the first line of Every Heart (English Version). "Tell me babe, how many do I shed my tears." O_o. Yes I know that is on my signature but I'm too lazy to change it right now. Also, the first part of Bold & Delicious by Ayu (Y'know the YAYAYAYAGAGAGAGADADADADAWOWOWOWO thing). Too bad that didn't mean anything.

#36 Sal

Sal

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,442 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 06:31 PM

ohhh what is eric in the hospital for. if seems like members from shinhwa always get hurt, dongwan was in the hospital not too long ago minwoo is constantly falling and now eric is in the hospital

Got in an accident during the filming of 'Wolf'. Him and his co-star were to cross a dangerous street. They used a stuntman driver. He went 40MPH and didn't stop before hitting them. Eric put his arms around his co-star to protect her and ended up getting the most damage. He was rushed to the hospital. The first thing he said when he came to was "Is *co-star's name* alright?" His girlfriend got off work to see him. The rest of Shinhwa wanted to see him but their companies told them no since he was in stable condition. ^_^ I hope he gets better.

Also the people filming didnt report to Seoul about the whole thing so the higher-ups are pretty ticked.

#37 -rita;zafra-

-rita;zafra-

[·*·BoA'slilPanda·*·]

• Members
  • 6,869 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 06:34 PM

^poor Eric ^_^ i hope he gets better soon ^_^

#38 tokyo_honey

tokyo_honey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 06:56 PM

BoA's Dakishimeru- "mama says men is dreamer" makes no sense at all. and "I know loneliness is best friend"

Utada Hikaru's Easy Breezy- "ur eazy breezy and im japneesy.

#39 enrgeiz

enrgeiz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:17 PM

mika nakashima's amazing grace...i think she says amazing g'l'ace or sumthing..anyway it doesnt sound right

#40 youaremydream

youaremydream

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 10:11 PM

i have to agree with mama says men is dreamer....hah.....its funny how we have so much mixed opinions....for me,i love utada's english album.....my fav Animato

#41 BoAFriend

BoAFriend

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 10:33 PM

Although I like this song, BoA's "Shine We Are!" has got to have the most ridiculous title ever.

"So shine we are....woah..."

"I feel the brightness love"

Come on....that's just sad. A potential smash hit (although it really was a smash hit) ruined by terrible Engrish lyrics.

Edited by BoAFriend, 30 January 2006 - 10:34 PM.

#42 itzmonkee

itzmonkee

i <3 monkees

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,437 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 10:59 PM

Edison Chen & Kary - Pointless

" Ain't I told you before that I don love(without the v) dem hoes "

-______-

#43 Rzar

Rzar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 04:35 AM

Also loved how she pronounced "message" 'meh-sa-jee' and "serenade" 'seh-reh-na-eed' (or 'seh-reh-na-dee'?) in "MOTO"... ha. I mean, come on.

I think it sounds cool, and it might also be to fill in the syllables in the song.

This always makes me laugh

the man with spider eyebrows
is standing on a corner
"who wants to see a show?"
his head looks like a melon

- where Does This Ocean Go? from Ghost in A Shell: Stand Alone Complex written by Yoko Kanno.

#44 eve_y_chen

eve_y_chen

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:03 AM

There's a line in Hilary Duff's song Come Clean:
"When the light is off then it isn't on.." "

yeah!that's sooooo stupid! if it is'nt on then of corse it's off!! hahaha

mika nakashima's amazing grace...i think she says amazing g'l'ace or sumthing..anyway it doesnt sound right

yes i agree
i was looking forward to this song...then i heard the lyrics..
i just had to turn it off
but japanese speak english with a weird accent
i dont thinl they can help it

wow i love this topic! i laughed looking at every reply!
they r just so funny

Edited by eve_y_chen, 31 January 2006 - 06:05 AM.

#45 Odyism

Odyism

Odyism

• Banned
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:27 AM

Although I like this song, BoA's "Shine We Are!" has got to have the most ridiculous title ever.

"So shine we are....woah..."

"I feel the brightness love"
Come on....that's just sad. A potential smash hit (although it really was a smash hit) ruined by terrible Engrish lyrics.

Haha X)
Shine We Are! is probably the song I always skip on L&H, and out of all her sinlges I listen to it the least (besides MaS + Don't Start Now). The title could have easily been We Can Shine! >__< it's even cornier worse then Namie Amuro's Shine More or SweetS Grow Into Shining Stars

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users