Doubt the Word of God!!???

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_SuYen_*

Guest_SuYen_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:36 PM

Never doubt the Word of God!!!

Make a personal reflection about this. Very interesting, read until the end...

" Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." (Galatians 6:7)

Here are some men and women who mocked God:

JOHN LENNON:
Some years before during his interview with an American Magazine, he said: "Christianity will end, it will disappear. I do not have to argue about that. I am certain. Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple, Today we are more famous than Him" (1966)".
Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times.

TANCREDO NEVES:
During the Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500 votes from his party, not even God would remove him from Presidency.
Sure he got the votes, but he got sick a day before being made President, then he died.

CAZUZA:
During a show in Canecão ( Rio de Janeiro ), whilst smoking his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into the air and said: God, that's for you.
I can't even explain how he died.

THE MAN WHO BUILT TITANIC:

After the construction of Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the Titanic would be. With an ironic tone he said: "Not even God can sink it"

The result: I think you all know what happened to the Titanic.

MARILYN MONROE:

She was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a show. He is a preacher and
Evangelist and the Spirit of God had sent him to preach to her.
After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she said:
"I don't need your Jesus"

A week later, she was found dead in her apartment.

BON SCOTT:
The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of his 1979 songs he sang:
"Don´t stop me, I´m going down all the way, wow the highway to hell".
On the 19th of February 1980, Bon Scott was found dead, he had been choked by his vomit.

CAMPINAS/SP IN 2005

In Campinas, a group of friends, drunk, went to pick up a friend. The mother accompanied her to the car and was so worried about the drunkenness of her friends and she said to the daughter - holding her hand, who was already seated in the car: "MY DAUGHTER, GO WITH GOD AND MAY HE PROTECT YOU",

She responded: ONLY IF HE (GOD) TRAVELS IN THE BOOT, COZ INSIDE HERE IT'S ALREADY FULL"

Hours later, news came by that they had been involved in a fatal accident, everyone had died, the car could not be recognized what type of car it had been, but surprisingly, the boot was intact.

The police said there was no way the boot could have remained intact. To their surprise, inside the boot was a crate of eggs, none was broken.

Many more important people have forgotten that there is no other name that was given so much authority as the name of Jesus. Many have died, but only Jesus died and rose again, and he is still alive. JESUS!!!

To Some Nairaland forumites here might read this piece and say "GOD is mean"...but like i always say Mean or mean...it point to the fact that there actualy is a GOD. He is just...unquestionable. He is almighty. To all u who mock him 'Be careful'.

I ask again "What can man give in exchange of his soul?" (Mathew 16:26).

Be wise, think twice.

I have done my part, Jesus said "If you get embarrassed about me, I will also get embarrassed about you before my father

"What benefit does it have, if a man gains the whole world but loses his soul?
What can man give in exchange of his soul? "(Mathew 16:26).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didnt write this.

#2 Blank

Blank

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:04 PM

.... wow.... i never knew that Marilyn monroe dissed God before she died....

#3 JWu

JWu

BoA's my new gf!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,878 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:21 PM

God sucks.

Am I dead yet?

Nope.

Still here.

Mmk. All you religious whackjobs should be shot.

(Before you bash me, I do believe in a supreme being, in a God, but not the way the so-called "major religions" portray God as. I am a Deist.)

edit: Look at me, I can paste quotes too. Woot!

"The United States of America should have a foundation free from the influence of clergy."
-George Washington

Thomas Jefferson
"One day the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in the United States will tear down the artificial scaffolding of Christianity. And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter."

James Madison
"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise"

Benjamin Franklin
"If we look back into history for the character of present sects in Christianity, we shall find few that have not in their turns been persecutors, and complainers of persecution. The primitive Christians thought persecution extremely wrong in the Pagans, but practised it on one another. The first Protestants of the Church of England, blamed persecution in the Roman church, but practised it against the Puritans: these found it wrong in the Bishops, but fell into the same practice themselves both here and in New England."

Thomas Paine
"My own mind is my own church. All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."

#4 Blank

Blank

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:24 PM

@JWu: .... that hurts a lot.....

"All you religious whackjobs should be shot."

Edited by 0_0BlanK0_0, 02 February 2006 - 10:29 PM.

#5 Atlantis Prince

Atlantis Prince

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,481 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:31 PM

What a terrible thing to say :notworthy: that was way over the top

#6 JWu

JWu

BoA's my new gf!

• Members
  • 8,878 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:31 PM

@JWu: .... that hurts a lot.....
"All you religious whackjobs should be shot."

So you group yourself in the category: "religious whackjob" ??

What a terrible thing to say :notworthy: that was way over the top

Why? A whackjob is a person who does not listen to logic and reasoning. Such a person perpetuates an idea ingrained into his/her mind no matter the evidence to the contrary. A religious whackjob uses religion as an excuse for everything that's wrong in the world and everything they do.

The Bible was written by human beings, not a supreme being. Human beings are inherently not perfect. Therefore the Bible is not perfect, and therefore, not the "literal word of God." Yet, millions of humans across the world refer to the Bible and other holy books like the Koran/Quran as literal gospel.

Does that sound logical to you?

#7 Blank

Blank

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 771 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:39 PM

BUT!!!! the bible was indirectly writing by God thru ppl..... and prolly if they wrong something wrong back then... God would prolly zap him with a thunder bolt or sumthing

#8 JWu

JWu

BoA's my new gf!

• Members
  • 8,878 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:41 PM

BUT!!!! the bible was indirectly writing by God thru ppl..... and prolly if they wrong something wrong back then... God would prolly zap him with a thunder bolt or sumthing

So why doesn't God zap me with a thunderbolt? The answer is, if a supreme being does exist, why would he/she/it bother itself with the affairs of little beings like us? In the vast expanse of the universe, and the infinite dimensions postulated by leading physicists, why would a supreme being bother itself with the going-ons of slightly evolved primates with an overinflated ego on a little backwards planet in a tiny solar system?

The universe exists. Something must have created it. Therefore a supreme being does exist. But we are of no concern to it.

Logical? Yes.

You yourself said it.

Indirect is not direct. Therefore Bible is not the exact word of God. Haven't you played one of those games in primary school where you sit in a circle and pass messages by whispering in people's ears? By the time the message gets back to you, it's usually distorted and changed from its original meaning.

Do I have to spell it even clearer for you?

There are so many holy books and versions of holy books that exist in the world because religion is man-made. Religion is people's attempt to make our existence seem more important than it is. Religion is a way for the "priest caste" or the rich to wield power over the masses. It serves as a motivator for people who have nothing else to strive for.

#9 pitabread

pitabread

BoA's Slave

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,195 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 10:44 PM

The Bible was written by human beings, not a supreme being. Human beings are inherently not perfect. Therefore the Bible is not perfect, and therefore, not the "literal word of God." Yet, millions of humans across the world refer to the Bible and other holy books like the Koran/Quran as literal gospel.

ditto

Edited by anathel, 02 February 2006 - 10:45 PM.

#10 kaminokami2086

kaminokami2086

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 11:38 PM

Agreed. There's nothing wrong with being religious and believing in God, but there are people who go to far like Pat Paterson, or whatever the guy's name is, he said the reason Hurricane Katrina happened to New Orleans because the evil acts of Mardi Gras were to be stopped. Yet the French Quarter was one of th few N.Orleans places that was untouched. That kind of stuff make Christians look like idiots stuff happen because they happen. Most of the people you named die through drug abuse or suicide, so they died through their own folly not God's act.

#11 Sticky

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 02:16 AM

Wow, JWu just proved why you should never argue about religion. I mean, what can you argue about when dealing with religion?

Like, if a Jew, Christian and a Muslim were to argue....they would leave the argument with the same beliefs.

#12 addkidd

addkidd

BoA*'s Fishie

• Members
  • 6,722 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 02:33 AM

once again, what is the point of these?

why are christians using such stupid ways to "threaten" "non-believers"??

im pretty sure millions of people around the world make fun of the word "God", but you don't see mass deaths everyday do you?

seriously, the more people do stupid things like this, the less people are going to be affected. This is no different to propaganda, only this is kinda lame.

promote the true meanings of religions, do good deeds, have a kind heart, be humble, help others in need, these are the underlying principals of all religions, everything else just make them wage war against each other.

#13 milk_tea

milk_tea

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 02:59 AM

So why doesn't God zap me with a thunderbolt? The answer is, if a supreme being does exist, why would he/she/it bother itself with the affairs of little beings like us? In the vast expanse of the universe, and the infinite dimensions postulated by leading physicists, why would a supreme being bother itself with the going-ons of slightly evolved primates with an overinflated ego on a little backwards planet in a tiny solar system?

u have never read the Bible have u... -.- in the bible it says God created the universe and it says he created humans aswell.... he created and loved us...... If u had a son or a daughter would u just pretend he/she didn't exist because of how small he/she was... would you leave your child all alone through its whole life for your career or to hang out with ur mates?.. i hope not coz thats not something God would do. God has stuff to do with us because he loves and cares.

The universe exists. Something must have created it. Therefore a supreme being does exist. But we are of no concern to it.

Yes but i wonder if u do believe some supreme did create a world, a universe this beautiful for u to live in... why would you have nothing to do with it??...

Logical? Yes.
You yourself said it.
Indirect is not direct. Therefore Bible is not the exact word of God. Haven't you played one of those games in primary school where you sit in a circle and pass messages by whispering in people's ears? By the time the message gets back to you, it's usually distorted and changed from its original meaning.

Do I have to spell it even clearer for you?

There are so many holy books and versions of holy books that exist in the world because religion is man-made. Religion is people's attempt to make our existence seem more important than it is. Religion is a way for the "priest caste" or the rich to wield power over the masses. It serves as a motivator for people who have nothing else to strive for.

okay can i say something?
strictly speaking, the Bible is not a book at all, but a collection of 66 documents brought together over the couse of about 1500yrs, the most recent dating from about A.D 95.

soo.. ur saying How do we know that the text of our present Bible is anything like the original right? this is a perfectly fair question. The original books were all handwritten on perishable material and until printing was invented in the 15th Centuary all we had were manuscripts copied by hand again and again pver 100s of yrs.

the Famous Dead Sea Scrolls discovered from 1947 onwards, added 100 scrolls to the exsisting Old Testament, while we have over 5000 manuscripts of the New testament material in the original Greek adn a total of some 20 000 sources to help us peice it all together.

OTHER ancient works compare very badly... 20 copies of Livy's Roman History(58-50B.C), only 9 or 10 copies of Caeser's famous Gallic War...

The bible easily wins the number games...

Then what do u beleive in... i beleive the Bible because it tells us why the world came into being, why the laws of nature are in place, why human beings are persons rather than what someone called "computers made out of meat", how to distinguish between right and wrong, why the mind exsists, or why we have a spritual dimension.

anyway.. im young infact 15 years old... i still have alot to learn about life. i know ur heaps older than me seeing the quality of the words that u wrote so i may have written wrong comments because i misunderstood what u said. i'm not trying to convert u so don't worry.. :rolleyes: ... i'm just trying to say maybe the Bible isn't as fake as u think..

Edited by milk_tea, 03 February 2006 - 03:04 AM.

#14 Mardy Bum

Mardy Bum

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:05 AM

OMG thats so scary maybe a coincidence? hmmm i wonder what to do now.. i got to watch out to the things i say/think

but i still have doubts about it... hmm..

@JWu: Not all of the stories in the bible are true, they are symbolic.

God has infinite love for us. He never forgets us becuase he created us and we are his children. God created the harmony and rule of all the things in the universe he created the universe for us. Above all the wrong things we do he forgives us but there is always a conciquence. We are just humans we cant explain it all like that. God can be anywhere now. Even we have different gods they are one Allah/Yahweh is one.

sorry for the spelling & grammar

Edited by BoA*fanatic., 03 February 2006 - 04:06 AM.

#15 FluffyMuffins

FluffyMuffins

~:~:gigglesnort:~:~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:17 AM

I'm not dead yet >_<

...didn't God give his 'children' the right of free will? So why is he going to kill them if they CHOOSE what they say and do? It's not fair if you ask me...

....your God is confusing....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users