75 replies to this topic

#1 twinkle_mist

twinkle_mist

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 06:25 PM

I just would like to know what your opinions on Bush.

We had this discussion in history class on...wed i think, and everyone was talking about bush.

I don't really know what's my opinion on him, but I would like to know your's, if you have any.

#2 walkthroughme

walkthroughme

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 07:21 PM

We had a similar discussion in our class because one kid said that, as Canadians, we shouldn't worry about Bush or America. Of course, that is entirely wrong. America is our neighbouring country and we also make big trades with them. Another thing being, if America goes to war it almost automatically means Canada follows. At first we protested the Iraq idea, but we went eventually. Which leads to the death of four Canadian soldiers by an American bomb. I am in no way saying the Americans purposefully killed our soldiers, just that, obviously, they weren't being very careful. Is it really worth killing four allies just to kill some foes?

As for my opinion on Bush, I don't think he's a very brilliant man. You'll hear preaching from the US Government supporting him and preaching from Michael Moore dissing him. You'll never know what the entire truth is. I thought the whole weapons of mass destruction thing was a bit hypocritical. Everyone knows of America's nuclear weapons they claim to have. I, myself, believe nobody should have such weapons at their disposal because which countries can really be trusted with them. You never know for sure. That seemed to be a hoax.

As far as I see it, it all depends on which side you choose to believe. Moore did seem to have substantial proof for some of his arguements but the media is based on lies. Also, most people believe politics are based on lies, as well.

#3 Ricadonna

Ricadonna

Gackt Inspector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 08:38 PM

To be honest up front, I don't have much backing in terms of articles & such things to really back up my opinion... but to be frank, I dislike him with great passion.

He's a Republican, & I'm a Democrat (unfortunately I live in Texas, with his already Republican country... to make it worse it's Bush-Republican country). His beliefs are not my beliefs. He uses his religion/Christianity to enforce his actions & mistakes, which blurs the line between Church & State (Jesus put him in office?)... He lied to cover up his previous drunk-driving arrest, avoided the Vietnam War (duty to his country? ...meh), suspected of drug use (when he refused to take drug tests during his service with the National Guard), and, in my opinion (though I suppose it could be backed up solidly...) got everywhere he needed to be because of his father's name (selling the Texas Rangers for MUCH more than he bought them for)...

& he's not the brightest of the bunch! We can't forget these words of wisdom:

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" -Florence, S.C., Jan. 11, 2000

"I think if you know what you believe, it makes it a lot easier to answer questions. I can't answer your question." —Reynoldsburg, Ohio, Oct. 4, 2000

"They want the federal government controlling Social Security like it's some kind of federal program." —Debate in St. Charles, Mo., Nov. 2, 2000

(From www.realchange.org/bushjr.htm )

Ha. : )

Edited by Ricadonna, 04 February 2006 - 08:39 PM.

#4 kaminokami2086

kaminokami2086

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:05 PM

He's okay. Sure he sounds like an idiot, but what people forget that a lot of the stuff he does that is viewed as horrid, a lot of other presidents have done too. Just they keep most stuff secrets and Bush doesn't know how to do that.

#5 FluffyMuffins

FluffyMuffins

~:~:gigglesnort:~:~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,694 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 10:59 PM

...my parents didn't vote for him...don't blame them either...*sigh*

He's an okay man but a president? if his father wasn't president I think he would have been a pretty okay president but the threats towards Bush Sr. and the need to show off to daddy dearest, the President pisses me off. He's too religious for me, I don't want him picking the supreme court justices >_<; and I want our troops out of Iraq! As a person, I have nothing against him but as a President-learn to lie better, learn to keep your secrets secret, the public doesn't need to know everything that's going on in our government.........

I shouldn't get into this subject...I'll go on and on forever. :thumbsup:

#6 shinhuamanda

shinhuamanda

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 11:45 PM

I don't want to sound like an idiotic whiner but I seriously think Bush is not the brightest person in the world. His speeches aren't very convincing. Also, he made America go into the war with Iraq and so many people are dying for a war that a lot of people (including me) diagreed with. What do I think overall? I think he is one of the worst presidents of the U.S.A. EVER.

#7 jpmiyuka

jpmiyuka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,134 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:05 AM

^I absolutely and posistively agree. You know Bush was just down here in Louisiana to "help"' with the relief. He made a speech, but it was crappy as hell. He said maybe two sentences, if even that many, about the repbuilding of New Orleans. But he didn't hesitate to start talking about the war on Iraq which was what he mostly talked about. But then he said that the money was tight about rebuiliding but they were going to get it done. That was this past Tuesday or Wenseday. But then a few days ago he requested for 240 Billion Dollars for the fund of the war on Iraq. Now where could have all that money gone too? I'm pretty sure you know the answer. Bush is supposed to be about the people but he is not helping us out, in Iraq or even here in the US. *sigh* Let me stop right here. I can go on forever about him.

#8 XTheRealYunaX

XTheRealYunaX

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 12:33 AM

Hello! :thumbsup: This is my first time away from the Downloading section..xD.
I thought I just drop by and say my own opinion about the American President.

First of all, I would like to say, that living both in America and Japan has impacted my life greatly. Not only do I fly around from time to time, the political issues that involve both of my countries gets to me too. As you all know, Japan and America have had this rivarly going possibly since the Russo-Japanese War, where, even though the Americans helped us, the Japanese, we still felt that we should have gotten more than we got from them. Ever since then, with Teddy Roosevelt somewhat trying to "show off" to us his new boats in the late nineteenth century we have become nations that seek only rivarly. School systems, clothes, best music, ect, ect...

Now, back to the topic...I can ramble on, I know...XD!

With what America is going through, the war on Terror and such, I would assume that it's political leaders be powerful as well as willing to do whatever it takes to stop such occurances for the rest of America.

President Bush has done or proven no such thing.

So he started the war, yes, that is a positive, to save the people from any more attacks, but how long has it been since then? It's gone too far, too long, too many soliders are dying and the people that once agreed to the war are now declining in continuing this war.

The relationships with other countries....eh.

And now him and Kerry are debating again....*sighs*.

If he was a good president, he would keep the American debt lower than it is, instead of borrowing from other countries, do something good for America and end the war, and give speeches that are true.

On his speech...on Tuesday I think it was, when he had to deliver his annual speech to Congress...no.

Nothing but drabble.

To wrap this up, I hope the next term will end the Bush family generation of bad presidents!!!
Where's the next Abraham Lincoln? Who above everything, Civil War, Racism, Slavery, ect, ect, came through? Even though he came from the humblest of familes, he proved to succeed, and in my mind, the best President of the United States!

Whoo. That's it for me! XD!!!

#9 Sticky

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 08:43 AM

I don't want to sound like an idiotic whiner but I seriously think Bush is not the brightest person in the world. His speeches aren't very convincing. Also, he made America go into the war with Iraq and so many people are dying for a war that a lot of people (including me) diagreed with. What do I think overall? I think he is one of the worst presidents of the U.S.A. EVER.

My professor told me that they have observed Bush from Texas Governor to current. They say it's a degenerative disorder.

Such as, he slowly losses his memory or something.

If you seen him as Governor of Texas, he was quite the speaker. But now, he can only say short sentences. :/

Edited by Sticky, 05 February 2006 - 08:44 AM.

#10 budonkadonk

budonkadonk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 09:02 AM

As a military officer, I cannot say anything bad about our president.

Of course, living in Japan, I'm free from all of the Bush-bashing that goes on in America.

Honestly, I can't say that I'd do a better job in his shoes. At my level, there is so much information that I know that I am forbidden to talk about with others. It controls some of the judgements I must make... and unfortunately, my actions must go unexplained at times.

Now, the knowledge that is there at the US's highest level of government is completely beyond what we think we know from the news and what not. All of those bits of information shape the decisions that the President and his cabinet members make.

Unfortunately, since the majority of us are not priviledged to that information, the actions that come from the government truly aren't understood.

What's also unfortunate, is that the media only publishes the bad stories... You don't hear about the little victories in the US nor in the US's missions abroad... you just hear the bad stuff, because basically, it's what will turn people's heads.

Whenever I go back and visit America, I don't feel any of the issues that people complain about or blame on the president. I don't feel that my security is being invaded. The US is one of the most free nations in the world. Just because someone "tells us 'no'...", we get up in arms about it.

We take forgranted our lifestyle in America... we often think that the grass is greener elsewhere... Unfortunately, that's not the case.

Now, unless you've been financially devastated by the actions of the government, you've been thrown into prison due to security measures, or you've had all of your diginity as a US citizen stripped away... I don't really see a basis for complaint.

Unfortunately, the majority of our decisions are shaped by the media. While the media is supposedly bound to report the truth, they only report the truth that will make money.

So, without knowledge of the inner workings and information in the government, I'm not in any position to speak badly about the US government.

#11 kaminokami2086

kaminokami2086

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 09:54 PM

Hello! :P This is my first time away from the Downloading section..xD.
I thought I just drop by and say my own opinion about the American President.

First of all, I would like to say, that living both in America and Japan has impacted my life greatly. Not only do I fly around from time to time, the political issues that involve both of my countries gets to me too. As you all know, Japan and America have had this rivarly going possibly since the Russo-Japanese War, where, even though the Americans helped us, the Japanese, we still felt that we should have gotten more than we got from them. Ever since then, with Teddy Roosevelt somewhat trying to "show off" to us his new boats in the late nineteenth century we have become nations that seek only rivarly. School systems, clothes, best music, ect, ect...

Now, back to the topic...I can ramble on, I know...XD!

With what America is going through, the war on Terror and such, I would assume that it's political leaders be powerful as well as willing to do whatever it takes to stop such occurances for the rest of America.

President Bush has done or proven no such thing.

So he started the war, yes, that is a positive, to save the people from any more attacks, but how long has it been since then? It's gone too far, too long, too many soliders are dying and the people that once agreed to the war are now declining in continuing this war.

The relationships with other countries....eh.

And now him and Kerry are debating again....*sighs*.

If he was a good president, he would keep the American debt lower than it is, instead of borrowing from other countries, do something good for America and end the war, and give speeches that are true.

On his speech...on Tuesday I think it was, when he had to deliver his annual speech to Congress...no.

Nothing but drabble.

To wrap this up, I hope the next term will end the Bush family generation of bad presidents!!!
Where's the next Abraham Lincoln? Who above everything, Civil War, Racism, Slavery, ect, ect, came through? Even though he came from the humblest of familes, he proved to succeed, and in my mind, the best President of the United States!

Whoo. That's it for me! XD!!!

Again I'd like to re-eterate that I am not pro-Bush, however on the above:
you said Bush is doing no such thing as trying to prevent another terrorist attack. Well Bush and the Republican are going over and beyond to prevent such attacks. Hell, they are even going against the civil liberties of the American public just to do that. Which is why most people dislike him. You know spying on us, able to search people's home without warrants all that stuff.

On not pulling out of Iraq. Even Kerry, and a lot of people with good backgrounds in politics and history, acknowledged that the faulty part was entering the war without proper intelligence. The good part is that he is staying. Why? Because Iraq is in political turmoil and if the US pulled out and would get worse and cause to death of many innocent Iraquis at the hands of the rebels. Though that doesn't say much since a rebel group was actually voted into power.

On relations with other nations, yes i hate the fact that the us is not friendly with others, but if you remember the UN and most other nations are too peaceful these days. Yes there is such a thing as too peaceful. In the mid 90s and later, many groups have been discriminated against and killed by their political powers, the Un and many other nations kept saying stop it or we will do something, those leaders continued the UN didnt do squat. Bush did with the war on Iraq again Sudam.

Lower debt you say, many people believe the economy is created by the president for some reason, but the president can only do so much to spur it. Many people equate a good pres with a good econ, but the fact is purely luck. Clinton had nothing to do with the US booming econ in the 90s that was due to the .com boom that was going on and a econ boom is always followed with a depression, that is a fact.

So again I don't like what Bush is doing but he is on the right track in some way, Anyway I look at it whoever had won in 2000 be it Bush or Gore, that pres would have been faced with many numerous things the people would blame on him though he has mostly no control over it.

Now on you Abraham Lincoln statement, I have to say WTF(emphacize the WTF). Lincoln was the one of the most racist person in history. He did not free the slaves, that was done by Congress with the 13th Admendment. Hell the only reason he signed it was because he had to. It was what was popular and to go against that would have made him hated in history by the Union. He was the pres of the Union he had no choice. The only reason the right of freedom was guaranteed to slaves was because the Union was losing so they said if we win we free all slaves. So blacks joined the Union army and southern slaves revolted to give the Union an advantage. The Union even tried to hold their statement of freeing slaves to see if they could win without it at first.

Sorry for my rant but I hate arguments that are baseless and without the knowledge of true history. The crap they teach you in elememtary school on to high school and sometimes even college is just that crap and a bunch of BS with a lot of important facts left out.

#12 Isabella89

Isabella89

Clarissa = future pin-up artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 10:40 PM

Please don't bash me or jump down my throat!

alot of my opinions are based on what i have heard and noticed.
I love President Bush. My parents voted for him and I would have if I could have. Bush has had it very hard this term, especially considering how liberal biased the media is. 9/11 was a horrible accident that was impossible to have predicted, the U.S. gets many threats like that so it's hard to tell which ones are serious. I think that the President did everything he could and even sent troops out to pervent it from happening with a country that was already being very resistant to let the UN check them, that means they are obviously hiding something. Most people hate the president because of the war, and they think that the terroristic Muslim factions pose little threat. They do, and learned that even more when I had to learn about the religion briefly in my history class. I don't want to offend anyone, and correct me if I am wrong, but muslims believe that the jihad, or effort in gods service, includes killing nonbelievers. Muslim groups like that are not only a threat to the U.S., but other nations as well. Bush was right to send the troops in, and some things have been found there. The media just doesn't think it's as interesting as stories that prove him wrong. And many people think the amount of deaths is huge, it's nothing comparred to most of our past wars, and it's war CASULTIES HAPPEN. And as some one mentioned with government spying, the more we know the better. And you won't be spyed on or searched by the government unless you give them reason. And for everyone who dislikes the president because of the war, he actually has little power in the way of the war. It has to be okayed and voted for. Even the magority of democrats had to okay it, and they did. In areas other then the war Bush is great (though that No Child Left Behind Act is doing no good). Unemployment rates are down. (http://townhall.com/.../D8F7THE80.html) He also didn't sign the Kyoto contract. It costs billions of dollars and does no good,

" Signing the Kyoto treaty would do virtualy nothing to end global warming, since developing countries like Mexico, China, and India are exempt from making cutsin CO2 emissions. According to the median estimates of temperature increase due to global warming, America's signature to Kyoto would only avert a climate change of a mere 0.06 degree Celsius over the next half-century. And it would cost the US about one hundred billion to four hundred billion dollars per year to sign the treaty." (Taken from page 72 of Ben Shapiro's' book Brainwashed

And for those who think Bush is stupid here's a little FYI while he did have a "C" average in college, Kerry did too. Bush just isn't good with public speaking. I really believe Bush is sincere and trying his best. While Bush isn't perfect I think he is doing pretty good, though improvements could definitly be made.

Edited by Isabella89, 05 February 2006 - 11:15 PM.

#13 BoA_bEsT_eVeR

BoA_bEsT_eVeR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 861 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 11:08 PM

since the beginning of his rule, i was always against him. lol california didnt really like him =D. I thought Al Gore won in the first election, but dam... Flordia recount.... Second Election... John Kerry is blown out.

President Bush is not so intelligent... his agenda is oil... if he wants oil, use alternates of oil like electric power. Develop more electric power cars, so we wont be dependant on foreign oil and oil itself. Most of all, I hate what he is doing to the environment. He did not sign the kyoto accord(screw the money, think about what global warming might do to us), he tried to drain water/oil of in the artics, draining water out there will break ice which may result in more hurricanes. Draining the oil is just plain wrong, use electric power. He has other flaws, im just lazy to take about at the moment like the idiotic Iraq War.

Edited by BoA_bEsT_eVeR, 05 February 2006 - 11:09 PM.

#14 Xyphion

Xyphion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:55 AM

since the beginning of his rule, i was always against him. lol california didnt really like him =D. I thought Al Gore won in the first election, but dam... Flordia recount.... Second Election... John Kerry is blown out.

President Bush is not so intelligent... his agenda is oil... if he wants oil, use alternates of oil like electric power. Develop more electric power cars, so we wont be dependant on foreign oil and oil itself. Most of all, I hate what he is doing to the environment. He did not sign the kyoto accord(screw the money, think about what global warming might do to us), he tried to drain water/oil of in the artics, draining water out there will break ice which may result in more hurricanes. Draining the oil is just plain wrong, use electric power. He has other flaws, im just lazy to take about at the moment like the idiotic Iraq War.

Oil, oil, oil? You must not have listened to the State of the Union address. He has proposed a budget to research alternatives for oil, not only to lower consumption of it but also for cleaner emissions. FINALLY..

#15 kaminokami2086

kaminokami2086

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 12:46 PM

Also thats a BS comment, because oil is not that big on his agenda. Just a dumb reason people came up to say why he went into Iraq,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users