75 replies to this topic

#46 HvnSntGurl

HvnSntGurl

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:02 AM

My opinion is I don't like him very much. I think he could have done better. I'm unsure why so many people voted for him if they didn't rig votes like they said. I can't wait for 2008 because I'll be voting in my first election. Then again I can't blame him. He's not running the country. Everyone else in the white house is. He's really just the fall guy. Presidents are supposed to keep order not let evryone else tell you what to do. I hope Jeb doesn't run.

#47 Sticky

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:57 PM

Did you guys know that, the winner of the election between Gore and Bush wasn't really accurate?

The first "news" channel to report it was Fox. To add to that, it was not 100% sure that he won since all of the ballots were not even accounted for. Bush's cousin is the one who said Bush won the election when he didn't win at all.

All of the other news channels went along with it.

Also, to restate this.

Iraq has NO ties to Al Qaeda. Never has, never will. They are NOT capable of a nuclear attack on the United States, and are hardly a threat to the United States.

That was propaganda brought upon mainstream media that blurred the real facts and put in their own opinions into their reporting.

Edited by Sticky, 15 March 2006 - 02:00 PM.

#48 kaminokami2086

kaminokami2086

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:04 PM

Did you guys know that, the winner of the election between Gore and Bush wasn't really accurate?

The first "news" channel to report it was Fox. To add to that, it was not 100% sure that he won since all of the ballots were not even accounted for. Bush's cousin is the one who said Bush won the election when he didn't win at all.

All of the other news channels went along with it.

Also, to restate this.
Iraq has NO ties to Al Qaeda. Never has, never will. They are NOT capable of a nuclear attack on the United States, and are hardly a threat to the United States.

That was propaganda brought upon mainstream media that blurred the real facts and put in their own opinions into their reporting.

Well in the end the electoral college voted for him (even if they were bough as some people say). the popular vote does not really matter. it is just there to influence the electoral college. However there is no law saying they have to vote according to the popular vote. so in truth your vote doesn't mean squat.

no ties to iraq huh? then how come al qaeda militants are in iraq fighting. that seems like a tie to me.

#49 fallchildren

fallchildren

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:26 PM

no ties to iraq huh? then how come al qaeda militants are in iraq fighting. that seems like a tie to me.

Simple, because Iraq is an easily accesible arena where Al-Queda can perform military operations. There has been no collaborative relationship between Al-Queda and the Iraqi government, as stated by the 9/11 Comission and Richard Dearlove (former head of MI-6). Granted, Al-Queda does support Iraqi resistance groups, but that does not mean that there are ties between the former government of Iraq and AQ. Let's put this into perspective. Just because the KKK operates on United States soil does not mean that they have government backing. It's the same deal in Iraq.

#50 Sticky

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 09:54 PM

Well in the end the electoral college voted for him (even if they were bough as some people say). the popular vote does not really matter. it is just there to influence the electoral college. However there is no law saying they have to vote according to the popular vote. so in truth your vote doesn't mean squat.

Where do you get your facts kamino? Where exactly?

Like I said before, Bush's cousin announced he was President BEFORE all of the votes were accounted for. Fox was first to annouce that.

Once again, the US has created a war under FALSE information and misleading the public. Using opinions within news reports to blur any thoughts of critically thinking.

Like Fox News say, "We give the facts, you decide" which is FALSE. Tell that to Bill O'Reilly. :notworthy:

With this in mind, the US will continue to have corrupt presidents because the facts that are supplied to the public are not even retraceable to it's origin. Because, there is no origin to begin since it was created out of opinion.

Edited by Sticky, 15 March 2006 - 10:05 PM.

#51 kaminokami2086

kaminokami2086

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 05:30 PM

Where do you get your facts kamino? Where exactly?

Like I said before, Bush's cousin announced he was President BEFORE all of the votes were accounted for. Fox was first to annouce that.

Once again, the US has created a war under FALSE information and misleading the public. Using opinions within news reports to blur any thoughts of critically thinking.

Like Fox News say, "We give the facts, you decide" which is FALSE. Tell that to Bill O'Reilly. :)

With this in mind, the US will continue to have corrupt presidents because the facts that are supplied to the public are not even retraceable to it's origin. Because, there is no origin to begin since it was created out of opinion.

what you state about fox news refers to the popular vote. so yes they were misleading when they announced bush won the popular vote. but like i previously stated. in the usa the popular vote is just there to influence the electoral college. the electoral college usually votes according to the popular vote. However, they are not required to do so. they may choose whoever they see fit. a simple civics lesson will teach you that. that is a fact that is how the president is really chosen. this is not some bs i concocted. if you think it is, then i hope your civics teacher was kind enough to flunk you.

heres a link learn something

http://www.fec.gov/pdf/eleccoll.pdf

Edited by kaminokami2086, 16 March 2006 - 05:33 PM.

#52 Sticky

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 05:35 PM

what you state about fox news refers to the popular vote. so yes they were misleading when they announced bush won the popular vote. but like i previously stated. in the usa the popular vote is just there to influence the electoral college. the electoral college usually votes according to the popular vote. However, they are not required to do so. they may choose whoever they see fit. a simple civics lesson will teach you that. that is a fact that is how the president is really chosen. this is not some bs i concocted. if you think it is, then i hope your civics teacher was kind enough to flunk you.

heres a link learn something

http://www.fec.gov/pdf/eleccoll.pdf

I know that already, you just stated the obvious. :) Still, there are votes in Florida that were not accounted for. That's the BS part of it.

Edited by Sticky, 16 March 2006 - 05:41 PM.

#53 *BoA_ReMIxEd

*BoA_ReMIxEd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 986 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 09:53 PM

I.....really DON'T know what to say about him......at all..... :lol:

Edited by *BoA_ReMIxEd, 20 May 2006 - 09:53 PM.

#54 confucious468

confucious468

Renaissance Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,392 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 10:01 PM

I too am awaiting the next President Election...curious to know who will be running. I'm not personally fond of Bush overall (and many of the things that he has imposed, or brought about to America), but I guess I have to give him some credit for sticking to his word (or so I think...) and getting people to vote for him.

#55 Ashkali أس

Ashkali أس

We can stop racism together!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 20 May 2006 - 11:26 PM

I personally don't like him, personally because of all lies he made to the world and especially the American people. All of his 'war mongering' has dismantled America's once great reputation throughout the world, Americans face a lot of discrimination nowadays because of Bush. Especially in New Zealand, an American student in my classroom is normally shunned from other people, no one wants to talk with her because she's a 'Yankee'. :lol: He now wants to go after Iran, why's that? Iran has a large petroleum market, and with rising petrol prices, what better than invading a country to make more money... :hug: It makes me sick.

Even though I dislike Bush, it does not mean I like Kerry either, who financially aids terror groups in Kosovo, this is true. He did it so he could get more vote margins in the 2004 elections from the predominantly large and growing Albanian population in the USA. I personally have no problem with the US or American people, just their government.

#56 Ace

Ace

BoA* Nut

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,719 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 07:57 AM

I.....really DON'T know what to say about him......at all..... :(

Then stay out of this Serious Discussions thread. Warned.

RE: http://forums.boajja...showtopic=17794

#57 Kazunomiya

Kazunomiya

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 25 May 2006 - 09:47 PM

I just think that some people don't realize the weight on his shoulders -- or any government member -- has. He's the head honcho of the most powerful country in the WORLD. That's got to be some pressure, right there. Imagine!! To have the power to veto a bill, have to travel the globe to give speeches, meet other presidents, etc, etc.
So, long-story-short, I have great respect for any president, no matter if I like him or not. I think as Americans (for those of us who are) we have a duty to respect our nation's leader, and give he/she the reverence they deserve.
So.. no comment, I guess. :lol:

#58 Ashkali أس

Ashkali أس

We can stop racism together!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 04:43 AM

I just think that some people don't realize the weight on his shoulders -- or any government member -- has. He's the head honcho of the most powerful country in the WORLD. That's got to be some pressure, right there. Imagine!! To have the power to veto a bill, have to travel the globe to give speeches, meet other presidents, etc, etc.
So, long-story-short, I have great respect for any president, no matter if I like him or not. I think as Americans (for those of us who are) we have a duty to respect our nation's leader, and give he/she the reverence they deserve.
So.. no comment, I guess. :thumbsup:

Well that's because he hasen't got the mental capacity to run the USA, he hasen't even got the intelligence even to run a small supermarket. A lot of the decisions made by the US government are done through others and not George Bush. If he knew what he was doing and had a few more brain cells he'd be running America properly and it woulden't have so many problems as it has nowdays.

#59 ~*Moonlight*~

~*Moonlight*~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 29 May 2006 - 04:54 PM

I think he is one of the worst presidents of the U.S.A. EVER.

<_< So true.
He's gotten America into seriously deep sh*t and now we're at war with Iraq.
Countless lives are being lost everyday and they're not only U.S soldiers.
People who live in Iraq and Iran are dying as well.
His speeches are so repeatative and it get so old.
I mean, it's like: Shut up would ya?
The best thing for him to do now is to get our soldiers out of Iraq. :mellow:
I mean sure, he can't be perfect.
BUt nobody is.
But when you're the most powerful man of the most powerful nation in the WORLD, you kind of have to be as perfect as you can.
If you make a "little boo boo" then you're gonna have to fix it.
Fast.
Bush has just made so many mistakes... :P (Uh, he said that he didn't believe in global warming and that the scientists who are researching and studying it's process are wrong)
But that's just my opinion.

#60 Kazunomiya

Kazunomiya

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 31 May 2006 - 10:43 PM

A lot of people are upset that he's president, but that's why voting's so important. We voted him in, TWICE, so we're stuck with him.
If you don't like him, (given you're of age) that sucks, cause he got the majority of the votes.
If you don't like him and you didn't vote (given you're of age), than don't complain. That's your fault.
I think voting is a privlidge that we take for granted. More people should vote!!
But I'm sticking w/ my prev. comment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users