75 replies to this topic

#61 Ricadonna

Ricadonna

Gackt Inspector

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 08:18 AM

A lot of people are upset that he's president, but that's why voting's so important. We voted him in, TWICE, so we're stuck with him.
If you don't like him, (given you're of age) that sucks, cause he got the majority of the votes.
If you don't like him and you didn't vote (given you're of age), than don't complain. That's your fault.
I think voting is a privlidge that we take for granted. More people should vote!!
But I'm sticking w/ my prev. comment.

Some people would like to disagree with that comment.
And I think it needs to be mentioned that the number of people who are glad they re-voted for him is becoming smaller and smaller. :X

Yeah, we're stuck with him, unless he gets impeached before this term is over. Which would be the patriotic thing to do. :wub:

#62 Isabella89

Isabella89

Clarissa = future pin-up artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 01 June 2006 - 08:31 AM

I still support him, and I have from day one. I really was disgusted with Kerry and jumped up and down when he lost. I was to young to really know much about Bushes first term, but in since 6th grade I have kept my eye on things, and I think he is doing the best that he can. Some people though won't stop complaining. He is really not that bad, and people seem to keep forgetting that the president has limited power. It gets to me too that celebrities bash him soo. How does that make our country look when people won't even respect the ones in charge of protecting them. I don't know, it just drives me nuts that some people won't lay off, and over react. At my school we had a school wide vote and Kerry won, but just because at my school the minority is the majority. They all thought Bush was racist (so not true) or something similar. It scares me that some of the people who will vote this comming year will just vote what their friends and family tell them instead of really looking into it. I am republican because my parents are, but I have also looked at the way both sides act and I make my own observations, and of course my views differ from my parents in alot of ways, but I still looked at things for my self and stopped listening to all the stuff my friends and peers say. I wished that more people would do that. But in any case I think in some ways it's just really wrong for people to mistreat President Bush because he is doing as much as he can to protect this country, which probably gets really tough when you've got a whole countrie nit picking everything you do and watching your every move so they can bash you and make fun of you. Maybe if we supported him better he would be doing much better, though I already think he has been doing pretty good. This is just my opinion so please don't get mad if you disagree, this is just what I think. I don't mind democrats, but I hate when people are just because being a republican has a bad stigma, and because they just listen to what is said on tv.

#63 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 06:51 AM

So, without knowledge of the inner workings and information in the government, I'm not in any position to speak badly about the US government.

Going by that logic, nobody would vote.

Anyone whose life has been adversely affected by a President's policies has every right to complain about them.

As for your being an officer, I respect that, but...plenty of military men chose to say and do terrible things toward President Clinton, including turning their backs on him instead of treating him with proper respect when he came to see them. Strange, it's only the Republican presidents about whom officers say they supposedly can't say anything bad.

Oh, yeah...you'll recall there were recently a few high-ranking generals who made it clear they opposed Bush's policies. :lol:

Oil, oil, oil? You must not have listened to the State of the Union address. He has proposed a budget to research alternatives for oil, not only to lower consumption of it but also for cleaner emissions. FINALLY..

He proposes lots of things, then never follows through with them. If he really cared about lowering oil consumption, he wouldn't have given tax breaks to people who bought SUV's.

#64 megawarrior

megawarrior

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,011 posts

Posted 04 July 2006 - 11:11 AM

In my opinion he soundslike an idiot when he tries to make a speech., I don't hate him, I dislike him because when it was close to voting and people voted for him because he said he was a christian, that pissed me off. My parents did not vote for him and I'm am happy and don't blame them. He needs to learn to keep secrets a secret and not let the whole freakin world know his secrets.

That is all. Tried to make it clean because I have some dirty things to say about him.

Edited by megawarrior, 04 July 2006 - 11:12 AM.

#65 Winged_Weltall

Winged_Weltall

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 02:56 AM

I cant stand that son of a *****. He's such a liar and claims he went in Iraq to get Saddam Hossein out, not oil. Every promise he maide was bull****.

#66 ( ̄ー ̄)

( ̄ー ̄)

crazy fangirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 08:22 AM

Ah, such is the banter of those that soak up the noise of the mass media.

#67 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 12:39 PM

Ah, such is the banter of those that soak up the noise of the mass media.

Ah, yes, Fox News, Clear Channel, CNN, and the Big Three are SO anti-Bush. NOT.

The only anti-Bush news in existence is on the "internets" or Air America Radio. Hence my sig file. ^_^

#68 RiceMan017

RiceMan017

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 10:18 AM

I DO support bush, but I am not a Republican, nor a democrat, nor can I vote. First of all, I think that people later on will look back and say that bush was a good/great president. When Lincoln was around, he had a 10-15 % approval rating, and prevented that from going lower by suspending habeus corpus. But now everybody (except the KKK) are like "Lincoln was so great."
If you look at the pattern, most presidents at their time of presidency lose alot of support, but later on people will look back at what good they have done. Yes, I do believe that the Iraqi War was justified, even without solid evidence. Every big empire in the past had to eradicate/liberate to their ideals some area to keep themselves safe, either immediately or for the future. Even though you might say "Oh, so many soldiers dying!" There were many more Iraqis suffering under saddam, even the Muslims that were in the opposite side. For example the mass genoiceds of the Kurds and Shi'ites. My friend is from Iraq and he supports bush, because he knew what it was like to be in Iraq.

#69 SuYen

SuYen

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 473 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 06:30 PM

Though im not in America, I think he needs to fix himself a lil. After watching Fahrenheit 9/11 seeing the bad parts of him made me dont like him.

I even read an article and watched a few News on TV long time ago, where Geroge Bush was playing a guitar on an event while people in the New Orleans was crying for help after the Katrina event. And I think you guys know that there was a huge complaint. People were saying "I dun want to see no press conference, I dun want to see another god dam conference talkin about the tragedy until we see troops coming with resources , I want help, we want help. Its so ez to send planes to another country and kill people in a second. Now you guys should get your ass up and do something, lets fix the biggest god dam crises in the history of this country "

It was something like that. I couldn't recall but you know something is wrong when people are complaining.

Edited by Love Replica, 16 July 2006 - 10:25 PM.

#70 apathy1234

apathy1234

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 16 July 2006 - 06:39 PM

i think hes an idiot and greedy for money, power and fame, why cant he just live the iraquis alone? they just want their freedom that's all... if he lives them alone im sure iraquis will stop those attack.... :D

Edited by apathy1234, 16 July 2006 - 06:40 PM.

#71 Kazunomiya

Kazunomiya

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 01:24 AM

i think hes an idiot and greedy for money, power and fame, why cant he just live the iraquis alone? they just want their freedom that's all... if he lives them alone im sure iraquis will stop those attack.... :D

The reason we're in Iraq is to give them their freedom. :P Otherwise, they'd still be under Saddam's rule.

#72 apathy1234

apathy1234

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 08:14 PM

The reason we're in Iraq is to give them their freedom. ^_^ Otherwise, they'd still be under Saddam's rule.

wat freedom are you talking about? they are like that because they want american to live and never come back they want their own land, yah us help them to be free from saddam but you control them, iraquis are for iraq as well as americans are for us... :(

#73 legendsofaranna

legendsofaranna

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 10:30 AM

I don't support Bush because he doesn't care about anything like the children killed in the middle east.

#74 Guest_Umbra Res_*

Guest_Umbra Res_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2006 - 11:16 AM

Okay, I might be letting this go to my head maybe a bit too much, and I'm not a christian...but...

In revelations it speaks about how the world is going ot end,aka Apocolypse. A ruler that seems to be good in the beginning of his rule, suddenly turns into something so "evil" The earth goes into unnessesary(how do you spell that word?) wars and mother earth is covered with Hurricanes,Tsunamis,earthquakes, and other natural powers. We don't know who this guy is, he could be walking the earth at this very minute, but he is supposed to be the one who ends the world, the antichrist. He makes everyone wear his signature (666) and soon the whole world bows down to him.

What events have we've undergone that would make someone a little suspicious? Bush, the war in iraq, Hurricane Katrina, That huge Tsunami in asia, 9/11, I could go on but, just think about it. I'm not in any way religious, but looking into this kinda makes me wonder....maybe I should find a link or something..because I saw it on National Geographic, and it startled me a bit.

#75 Isabella89

Isabella89

Clarissa = future pin-up artist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,556 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 12:51 PM

Okay, I might be letting this go to my head maybe a bit too much, and I'm not a christian...but...

In revelations it speaks about how the world is going ot end,aka Apocolypse. A ruler that seems to be good in the beginning of his rule, suddenly turns into something so "evil" The earth goes into unnessesary(how do you spell that word?) wars and mother earth is covered with Hurricanes,Tsunamis,earthquakes, and other natural powers. We don't know who this guy is, he could be walking the earth at this very minute, but he is supposed to be the one who ends the world, the antichrist. He makes everyone wear his signature (666) and soon the whole world bows down to him.

What events have we've undergone that would make someone a little suspicious? Bush, the war in iraq, Hurricane Katrina, That huge Tsunami in asia, 9/11, I could go on but, just think about it. I'm not in any way religious, but looking into this kinda makes me wonder....maybe I should find a link or something..because I saw it on National Geographic, and it startled me a bit.

Bush is absolutely nothing like that, and it's scary to think people would compare him to the anti-christ. He cares and tries very hard. Bush had nothing to do with Hurrican Katrina which was simply a natural disaster. 9/11 was a case of islamic extermists. It's not the end of the world. It just seems like it because we are currently living in this. There is always bad things going on, we just are bombarded more so with news reports that are from people who are doing nothing more then trying to get a rating. Things are rough now but they always will be. I don't know if their has ever been a large amount of time where there hasn't been war and fighting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users