62 replies to this topic

#31 boa girlz

boa girlz

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 02:09 PM

well people do enjoy being pretty or handsome but then again who doesn`t but itz not how u look but how your personality is
cuz wat if this happened:
a boy saw a hot girl walked up to her asking if they can go on a date then wen they go on the date the girl seems nothing to be like wat the boy thought

cuz he judged by looks not by personality

#32 Mikenyhk

Mikenyhk

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,935 posts

Posted 16 March 2006 - 10:59 AM

I really agree to all the stuff u said ... looks isnt everything ... it has a little advantage over average people that i admit...but if u can't find someone u love for a long long time like me.. u wonder about everything n anything... is it my personality? is it looks? money? attitude? then u ask urself... how i wish i was just want to be "normal"...then normal ppl ask how i wish i can be good-looking, famous, n rich.. this equation keeps going round n round..

then who is the lucky one??

#33 x__NiCOLE

x__NiCOLE

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 10:27 AM

Personal experience tells me the most "beautiful people" (especially girls!! :() have the worst self-esteem issues.

Also, do you mean literal appearance? Because there's "appearance" as in how they were born "looks" and then there's the attitude that kind of gives a person a different sort of appearance. A kind of "hey, you can come talk to me :thumbsup:" look, or the "get away or prepare to die -_-" look. haha.

Still, in today's society, looks seem to be everything. I'm being honest: I care about my looks. I mean, I don't spend two hours in the bathroom getting ready to go out, but I do like to spend some time on myself. It's more of being "presentable" so I won't look like a complete slob, so I guess that's more of a hygiene matter? But the passing fads bother me (like at the moment, girls wearing cut off tights under skirts), so I usually go for the look that will stay in for a long time. Like jeans :P. My only problem with jeans are they never fit me (i'm too small) so i'm kind of forced to buy the expensive kind :X

Looks are first impressions, and those first impressions tend to stay on people's minds for a while. So vanity is required to a certain extent :P

#34 Renchu

Renchu

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 04:13 AM

Appearance is important by means of 'First judgement'

If you see someone walking around with piercings and tattoos along his or her body, obviously something is going to cross your mind.

Everyone has a true beauty that only other people recognize. What's beautiful to one is drop-dead ugly to another.

If you don't have the need and care to take care of yourself. Being it eat properly or taking time to wash your face before you sleep, then you have no right to complain. If you eat junk food everyday and your overweight, what do you expect? You won't gain any weight? Wrong.

'Attractive' people don't have it any easier then anyone else. Its not only looks that count. Smarts are the other portion aswell as personality.

This refers back to the 'Its what's on the inside that counts' biff. It's true and it should be more exposed to the world. Unfortunetly with todays media, everyone *thinks* they have to LOOK a certain way and BE a certain way. It's totally untrue. We are who we are and we should be loved and respected because of it.

#35 enrgeiz

enrgeiz

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 04:24 AM

first glance, looks are really important. Whether it be beauty, how you dress, your self appearance etc. People have a tendency to judge people just by looking at them.
I've come across many situations where this occurs, my friends judge a person just by looking at them. If you saw a person who doesnt look all that good but has a good personality or if you saw a person who looks great but doesnt have a good personality, its probably most of the time you'd go for that better looking person.
IMO you always give people a chance, the inside is always different from what you physically see.

#36 minjoo

minjoo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 06:47 AM

we cant reaLLy deny looks can be important at times too..

its the first thing that attracts someone...

but then.. i think its better to like someone because of his/her personaLity and not onLy by his/her looks..

#37 kireisnowtenshi

kireisnowtenshi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 03 April 2006 - 09:57 AM

Appearance matters very much. Unless your blind.

No one can honestly say it doesnt matter because it would be lying. When you meet someone what's the first thing you see? Them right? Their looks...not their personality or anything else...you notice how they look. And if your attracted to them your attracted to them because of how they look.

So in reality no one is shallow its just a fact that everyone is attractive to someone out in the world...however this theory flies out of the window once you get to know a person. Because its pretty obvious once you get the know a person whether or not their looks are the only thing they have going for them lol or vice versa.

Edited by kireisnowtenshi, 03 April 2006 - 09:57 AM.

#38 Scuz

Scuz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 01:34 PM

Its the personallity that counts.. there was a guy that wasn't the best goodlooking guy that I was seeing. But when I got to know him better he was really cute!
The personallity does a lot to a person. It makes you not to care about the look or everything, just the love for that person.

Just being together with someone because he's goodlooking isn't love. Its fake love. You should see whats inside of the person. Thats what really matters!

#39 lilazndemongrl

lilazndemongrl

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 08:55 PM

personality is key. good looks are only an added bonus. :D
and whoever has good looks gets the first pick...ppl with good looks are just plain lucky. :D

#40 BoAzsexy

BoAzsexy

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:01 PM

hm ... well personally i think everyone wants looks in a way ... because seriously ... would you want someone who's ugly ? everyone has their own taste of "good looks" ... but yea personality is a big part ... maybe you can like their looks and wait a while to get to know their personality ? ... haha

#41 Crispy

Crispy

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:04 PM

I'm gonna go with the cliche answer of: no.

Well, when it comes to Love and all that good stuff, anyhow.

If you think about it, it really doesn't... not for love in an undiluted and pure form.

Edited by Crispy, 12 April 2006 - 09:04 PM.

#42 ( ̄ー ̄)

( ̄ー ̄)

crazy fangirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:20 PM

Looks play a key role in who we choose to be our partner. Love further pushes us to have sex which means we keep the population growing.

It's that simple really. I don't really like to believe that, as I do feel at times my feelings for someone are genuine and I am not in it just for the sex, but that's the way the mind works.

#43 lilazndemongrl

lilazndemongrl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:30 PM

Looks play a key role in who we choose to be our partner. Love further pushes us to have sex which means we keep the population growing.

It's that simple really. I don't really like to believe that, as I do feel at times my feelings for someone are genuine and I am not in it just for the sex, but that's the way the mind works.

lol. i liked how you incorporated sex into this. but i went through a relationship last year that totally changed my view on looks and relationships. the guy was...ugly. but the more he hung out with me, the more i felt i could tell him anything. and then the friendship extended into a relationship and eventually, in my eyes, he was adorable, cute, handsome, etc. etc. all of the above and yada yada yada. only after we broke up and i got over him did i begin to see him as ugly again...it's strange...love truly is blind...but his personality pulled me in and kept me entranced and in love...his personality defeated his looks. it was kinda cool actually. :D

#44 Crispy

Crispy

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 12 April 2006 - 09:32 PM

"the guy was...ugly."

Ahahahaha... I couldn't stop laughing after I read that. Ahahaha.

Cold, Tracy, COLD! Ahahahaha. ;]

But yeah... looks aren't something that should be a factor in who you wanna be with if you're serious about being in a worthwhile relationship.

Edited by Crispy, 12 April 2006 - 09:47 PM.

#45 lilazndemongrl

lilazndemongrl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 13 April 2006 - 01:25 PM

"the guy was...ugly."

Ahahahaha... I couldn't stop laughing after I read that. Ahahaha.

Cold, Tracy, COLD! Ahahahaha. ;]

But yeah... looks aren't something that should be a factor in who you wanna be with if you're serious about being in a worthwhile relationship.

lol. yeah well...he really WAS like BUTT UGLY...and still is...actually i think he got uglier...but yeah! after i stopped liking him when he broke up with me, he once again became BUTT UGLY. love sucks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users