50 replies to this topic

#16 katnip

katnip

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:00 PM

x3NgAx3: lol thats what i meant by 'the situation is being blown out of proportion'

this isn't directed to you, but people have to stop taking the news word for word. the media tends to stretch the truth.

Edited by katnip, 09 April 2006 - 12:00 PM.

#17 Uni

Uni

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru 's Enforcer >D

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:01 PM

Yah apologize to his fan's that don't got money to buy the tickets

ph34r.gif and he should know that hes famous and if he gets arrested or something everyones gonna know.

I should go to Korea or Japan or wherever he is and slap him "Banjun Theatre" style.

(if you guys haven't seen the "Unforgettable Love" Banjun Theatre TVXQ did, go watch and you'll know what I mean)

the situation is being blown out of proportion because he's a celebrity. but nevertheless, he does have to watch his actions.

lol in my honest opinion i dont think its a big deal.

I wouldn't think it's a big deal if it was in the US. But it is a big deal to me when, one, he just got back into action and then thinks he can go drink and drive home and could have killed himself. It really doesn't matter if he had 3 beers, because it still affects his senses. I'm not one of those "crazy fan girls" (despite what anathel and everyone on staff thinks that are on IRC or who I talk to), but I am a big fan and it just absolutely crushes me that he'd take that chance. I wouldn't have cared if he drank and got someone else to take him home. He can drink all he wants, but seriously...

#18 katnip

katnip

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:10 PM

everyone has their own view on things. i see this is proof that he actually has a social life. i guess he was a bit reckless since he just recovered from his leg, but he didn't do anything earth shatteringly bad.

#19 Uni

Uni

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 12:32 PM

Not earth shatteringly bad, I agree, but I think when it comes to drinking and driving, he needs to be especially careful because if anything happened to him, then many people will be very heartbroken. And that what goes through my mind everytime I see people posting this :D;

#20 Jenny;x

Jenny;x

BoA Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 01:07 PM

I read this over soompi and from serval other forums. Fans are going nuts and worring.

'He can drink all he wants, but seriously...'

Exactly.

People, Just because he's a celebrity doesn't mean he can't drink and drive. He's a human too. Same human as we are. Don't we human makes mistakes too? I mean come on..there's no rule for him not to drink and drive, Jaejoong just wanted to have some fun at his age. No, i'm not saying he can do something worse than that. This is his own fault, but you should all be glad he/anyone isn't hurt. And no, i'm not one of those crazy fan girls either. If i was, I would probably leave a crazy comment complaining about avex suspending him until august.

Seriously, Not all 20 year olds can do drugs and crap things.

Edited by Jenny;x, 09 April 2006 - 06:57 PM.

#21 Ricadonna

Ricadonna

Gackt Inspector

• Members
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 01:09 PM

Just wondering, what's the 'legally drunk' limit or whatever, in Korea?
Like in Texas, someone 0.08% of alcohol in their blood is intoxicated and it's breaking the law...

Edited by Ricadonna, 09 April 2006 - 01:09 PM.

#22 Uni

Uni

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 03:13 PM

^ Pft, in Texas, they arrest you for being drunk in bars. I'm not kidding. :x

#23 Ricadonna

Ricadonna

Gackt Inspector

• Members
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 03:27 PM

^ Pft, in Texas, they arrest you for being drunk in bars. I'm not kidding. :x

Yep, I know. I live there, afterall.
But 0.07 isn't my equivalent of intoxication, so I think it's not that big of a deal.
So I wonder what the level of intoxication is in Korea.

Edited by Ricadonna, 09 April 2006 - 03:28 PM.

#24 kuraudo

kuraudo

I belong in a mental asylum!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 03:30 PM

Yep , in all ways I look at it, its still pretty negative.
The media blows his .072 out of proportion, but in another sense
his face to the Music world+more is important and caution should of been used.

Now compare this to America, where everyday DUI's that celebs get away with, 1% intoxication stupors, and it has NEGLIBLE affect on anything. BIG difference!

In Asian Music scene, you are rated PG/ G rating to be acceptable.

Dang he just got out of his injury now he is out yet again.
It really sux right now for Jaejoongie :D

I really hope people remain his fans, despite his stupendous mistake
*minor compared to any
american celebrity*

#25 Ricadonna

Ricadonna

Gackt Inspector

• Members
  • 6,285 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 03:32 PM

HMM, another question!
Could this be really damaging to his career?
Is there a chance a lot of their Korean (& Japanese?) fans won't accept him anymore? Or, with everything said and done, is it something they can overlook in a month or so?

Like... is this going to haunt him forever or just for a few weeks/months for the tabloids to get their fill?

#26 weirdnshort

weirdnshort

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 09 April 2006 - 06:31 PM

yeah, i read about this. he deserves his punishment.

#27 enrgeiz

enrgeiz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,069 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 12:34 AM

HMM, another question!
Could this be really damaging to his career?
Is there a chance a lot of their Korean (& Japanese?) fans won't accept him anymore? Or, with everything said and done, is it something they can overlook in a month or so?

Like... is this going to haunt him forever or just for a few weeks/months for the tabloids to get their fill?

I think people will forget about it down the track, they will just remember his good voice and talents.
Jaejoong is a bad boy lol, like his infamous shirt 'effin my way'

#28 avii_woz_here

avii_woz_here

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 02:59 AM

i heard about this through my friend a couple of days ago i think? XD
i was bemused.
eh it's normal he's still human...
but what i find odd is that he's out of activities again and he just recovered from his knee injury XDDD

#29 jsscfrnndz

jsscfrnndz

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 05:27 AM

The first time a heard or rather read about that news, I was extremely disappointed in him. What was he thinking? I thought. Driving while intoxicated?

But the more I thought about the incident I'm beginning to understand him. He went to drink with a friend and he's already twenty. It's just normal I think and it didn't mean that he's a drunkard or anything. And he did try to get home at dbsk apartment afterwards. His friend even allow him to borrow his father's car. Who knows? Perhaps the father himself allowed him to borrow it. It's more the fault of his friend or his father. They shouldn't have allowed Jaejoong to drive home alone in his condition. They should have hired him a cub or much better brought him home.

What if anything happened?

Still, I'm mad at Youngwoong for his recklessness. I want to pinch Youngwoong's ear for what he did. If I'm his sister, I would surely pinch his ear until it turn red. That's dangerous! And he made his fans really worried.

Yunho must be really mad at him too. He would surely scold him for what he did.

I could imagine the other DBSK's reaction upon waking up to find put that Youngwoong was caught by the police. They must be really worried at the same time a little bit angry for what he did. Didn't he have a care about his life? A lot of people love him but why is it that he didn't seem to care?[b]

#30 Blue*winter

Blue*winter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 10 April 2006 - 08:38 AM

the situation is being blown out of proportion because he's a celebrity. but nevertheless, he does have to watch his actions.

lol in my honest opinion i dont think its a big deal.

Yah, But the media makes a big deal outa everything.

I think that since most of the you guys live in the US (not that I have anything against that) and you guys hear this all the time, like you've mentioned, that it really isnt something new. But in Korea and perhaps other asian countries as well people dont hear things like these very often. I mean, I can perhaps cite out a few examples of artists who have been caught or whatever but still it really doesnt happen that much. So maybe thats why they consider it a big deal.

NTM, that Jaejoong is a public figure, a role model for his fans. I think the media just wants him to realize that whatever he does, good or bad, would eventually come out.

Im a big fan of and HE IS my favorite member. This accident really change my feelings towards him, I still like them but Im just annoyed at the fact that he shouldve been responisble enough to think twice about drunk driving. He was being selfish then. Okay, so he could hurt himself thats one thing. But what if he injured another person?

See? I dont think this is being blown out of proportion. Its news. Thats just the way it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users