Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:12 AM

*falls over* +____+ I hate being reminded that I'm in the minority. TT___TT
lol
:thumbsup: :) A classic example of the modern gentlemen. xD

Anyways, I thought I replied to this thread before --but apparently not.
To me, love is.........odd.
Honestly, at 18, the only love I know is the love I have for my family and for my friends.
It's a feeling of closeness to people that make you happy and you can trust. Sure, they drive you crazy, annoy the crap out of you sometimes --but you know you can't live without them.
Romantic love is...a mystery. I have no idea what it is.

I think general love, if one must define it, is something you experience, an emotion and an attachment to someone or something. :)

U WILL SOONER OR LATER FEEL DA TRUE LOVE and it's tottaly diff frm da love for ur parents and frenz.. Trust me.. LEO a.k.a Double G

#32 Kiyana

Kiyana

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 07:26 AM

While I am kidding about how that's my own personal definitions of love, its sad how that really is the reality for many people...

Yeah, I'm glad you pointed out that this isn't your real opinion. Because reading it made me want to cut off some heads. Yay! :smartass:

Ugh.. but seriously. Is that what people really think as love these days? :thumbsup: Guys just want to get laid and girls are just out to find a sugar-daddy for themselves. This makes me sad. I mean, I know we're all doomed anyway, but that we got this cold, this fast..
Hmph... Am I too naive for having hope in that warm, fuzzy feeling? :thumbsup:

#33 I_B_Nathan

I_B_Nathan

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:23 PM

most girls think guys don't know anything about love. they think all guys care about is looks. which i know for a fact that what they say is not true. love is guys deepist fear. they don't want to express it cause they think their pals might laugh at them. but a guy myself would have to say that love is everything a guy needs. when your in love you don't think your in love, you know your in love. its called passion. its a feeling no one can explain. love isn't just making out and saying you love each other. love is about connection, connection that last a life time.

Edited by I_B_Nathan, 07 June 2006 - 02:27 PM.

#34 Ayame-chan

Ayame-chan

ロリレイ。

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 03:11 AM

Being that I am only 16 years old and never had a boyfriend yet, I don't understand what it means to love another person like that. (Not including family, friends, etc.)

I mean I've had so many crushes on guys, including one I have on my best friend-- his looks, his personality, his charm-- everything about him amazes me.

But that doesn't make me an expert. I could always ask my parents what it means, but to me, I don't think it could be explained in words.

I think you'd have to experience it for yourself. Or at least, that's what I figure from looking at the people around me.

#35 dman1357

dman1357

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 12 June 2006 - 07:34 AM

I think it's pretty clear that everyone that posted a definition of love is all from their own point of view, based on what they have heard, experienced, and seen. Same goes for me, although I might not use the grammar that states it. Just know it's my opinion and my point of view as well.

Love is something that if you choose to live without, your life will be meaningless and purposeless. In our world, the definition of love has been distorted and twisted in media, with movies that show couples kissing or having sex to show that they are "in love," until one of them decides to cheat on the other because he or she just isn't "there for them when they need them." Love is not just a level reached after having sex. There is no level in love, you either love someone or you don't. "I kinda love them" makes no sense.

Love is something where you are willing to die for another person. Realize that I'm not speaking only in terms of a guy/girl relationship (speaking heterosexually), but love is something that is shared with your close friends as well. It's not a different level, but it's a different type of love, as is one's love for their child or parents. Love has a constant magnitude; it's the relationship in which love is present in that varies. As stated previously (although a one-liner):

someone i'm willing to die for

It seems short, but if you look into that, you'll see that it covers everything love is about.

You take risks, you can't live without them.
Why can't you live without them? Because you trust them and they're so close to you.
Why are they close to you and why do you trust them? Because of their qualities, character, and personality.

Love is often "felt" as that "warm, fuzzy feeling" inside, as Kiyana mentioned. Is that wrong? No. It does cause that sensation when you are with the one you love (maybe not with your friends and family... because that could be taken the wrong way... :blink: ). But don't let that completely take over because relationships don't last forever, especially ones in elementary, middle, and high school.

Be careful when you "think" you're in love, because love is a dangerous game and can cause a lot of pain as well.

Almost everything I've said does not just apply to a guy/girl relationship. It applies to any relationship.

Edited by dman1357, 12 June 2006 - 07:34 AM.

#36 stitch_my_heart

stitch_my_heart

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 30 June 2006 - 02:40 PM

I think love is when you think about that one person in your life and you come to the conclusion that you wouldn't be able to live without them because they're just so important to you and have totally captivated your heart.

I have that feeling right now, and It's amazing yet terrifying.
But, that's what I think love is.

Edited by stitch_my_heart, 30 June 2006 - 02:47 PM.

#37 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 06:43 AM

someone I'm willing to die for.

I totally agree with this.

There are many kinds of love...romantic, fraternal, platonic. I think the definition of true love is a willingness to put that person's needs over your own...even if it means you might die for that person Sounds crazy, but think about it. There are people who donate a kidney (risking death, themselves, if the operation goes wrong) to someone they love. There are people who have risked their lives to save someone they love. That willingness to make the ultimate sacrifice of one's own life is the greatest expression of love anyone could ever make.

That's pretty much the reason love exists.

So people who love their children, love their brothers and sisters, love their dearest friends...it's all about having sex with them?

Love encompasses a lot more than just love between sexual partners. That's only one kind of love.

#38 ( ̄ー ̄)

( ̄ー ̄)

crazy fangirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 08:40 AM

I'm pretty sure if I looked hard enough, I could find some reputable sources to back me up~ but I'm lazy.

The affection one feels between a partner and someone such as a family member is different. The only similarity is the term we label it, 'love'.

#39 ^o^ sherry ^o^

^o^ sherry ^o^

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 01 July 2006 - 12:10 PM

Love is unselfish...love doesn’t mean that you have to be with that person…if u truly love someone, u should let them be happy…if u truly love that person, then u should let them be happy, if that means giving them up, then so be it…as long as they're happy, u should be happy…loving someone is not about being with that person and live happily ever after, the most important is as long as the one u love is happy, then nothing else would matter…love can’t be forced, and u certainly cant force someone to be with u forever if they're not happy. If being with other guy/girl makes them happy, then let them be…don’t try to tear them apart, it will just bring unhappiness to both of them…and how can u be happy if your love one is sad?

But I'm still stubborn for love >.> but I'm willing to give him up if he tell me directly that he doesn't love me anymore and wanna be with someone else...but as long as he still with me and loves me, other girls better watch out or you'll sure love my fist...

#40 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 02 July 2006 - 02:36 AM

I'm pretty sure if I looked hard enough, I could find some reputable sources to back me up~ but I'm lazy.

Then allow me to save you the trouble. Using just one example, here's Wikipedia's article on the different types of love. (Other sources exist, of course, but this is sort of the Reader's Digest condensed version of the rest.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love

I won't quote the medieval/archaic uses of the term, or subcategories of sex/romantic love (because everybody reading this already knows those are all related to sex and romance). This is just to give some illumination about the different types of love that exist in the human condition.

Erotic love – desire characterized by sexual desires

Familial love – affection brokered through kinship connections, intertwined with concepts of attachment and bonding

Platonic love – a close relationship in which sexual desire is nonexistent or has been suppressed or sublimated

Romantic love – affection characterized by a mix of emotional AND sexual desire (emphasis mine)

The affection one feels between a partner and someone such as a family member is different. The only similarity is the term we label it, 'love'.

Familial love is one of the most important kinds, because it's been proven that babies need expressions of love from their families, or else they can experience the same lack of normal growth that occurs when an infant is neglected in physical ways (i.e., inadequate nutrition, etc.).

As I said in my original post, "Love encompasses a lot more than just love between sexual partners. That's only one kind of love." Just because types of love are different makes them no less powerful or important in our lives. It doesn't mean one type is love and the others are not.

#41 ~orange.tangerine~

~orange.tangerine~

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 12:26 AM

i think that love is something too complex for us to understand...
for example:
-it's just there...it was something that was with you since the day you were born and will be with you until the day you die...even then, it probably won't go away...
-love can be the most wonderful thing, but it can also be the greatest weapon against you...
-love is something that makes us fragile, and yet so strong
-love is what created us and what brought us to where we are at this moment...don't you find it strange how something that we can't see in it's true form has such a big impact in us?
-love is everywhere....all at the same time
-and although we know what the consequences may be in the end, we still take that chance...
:P

#42 haneunjung

haneunjung

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 659 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 01:52 AM

well to me ..
what is love to me ??

hmm ..
love is sweet to me in the beginning and bitter to me in the end ..
is feel sour when the one you love doesnt love you..
is sweet when both of you love each other..

whatever it is ..
love to me if something that need commitment from two parties ..

#43 j-pop_k-pop_4_eva

j-pop_k-pop_4_eva

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 07:26 PM

donghae. hahaha

love is when you can't live without that person
that's what it is to me anyways
simple as that
someone you would risk everything for

Haha padlet. I knew you'd say DongHae. Anyway, I agree with padlet. love to me is when you want bare to be without that someone and for that special someone, you'd do anything for.. Simple as that..

#44 Guest_Umbra Res_*

Guest_Umbra Res_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2006 - 06:19 PM

Love is the same thing to me as hate, sadness, pain. It is an unknown emotion that people try to predict when it happens, what we should feel when it happens, and how it happens. Love isn't the glorious thing that most people think it is. It is possible to love no one, and still love, thats all I know about it.

#45 Q-Works

Q-Works

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 06:27 PM

I guess Love is...well, its like(pardon the analogy) a new cd from your favorite arist. Sure you bought the cd because you liked the artist, but really, you kinda didn't/don't knowwhat to expect from it. You can either be let down alot, or you could really really enjoy it.
Theres gonna be people that tell you that the cd sucks, but you know how you feel about it, so noone can really tell you any different. Hope I didnt lose anyone. :) [is that material love though?]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users