107 replies to this topic

#31 Iza04

Iza04

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:35 AM

omg... after I saw pic 7, I didn't dare to look at the last two... :notworthy: made me sick.

I hate people who are mean to animals. People should treat animals as living creatures, because that's what they are...

#32 kuraudo

kuraudo

I belong in a mental asylum!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,266 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 08:52 AM

Mahayana Buddhism does teach compassion for living creatures, but like the US, religion is very loosely practiced by many.

I'd like to add that religion doesn't tell a human being that this is wrong. It takes a pretty screwed up less than human person to do this. Lack of common sense doesn't even cover part of it!

#33 ( ̄ー ̄)

( ̄ー ̄)

crazy fangirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 09:04 AM

So... this lady is by default a horrible person because she is okay with doing this, while you all aren't?

:/

edit: to elaborate, some of you are okay with each other having different opinions, different religions, different sexual orientations, etc. etc.

How is this different?

Edited by Jeffu, 09 June 2006 - 02:37 PM.

#34 rock_with_boa

rock_with_boa

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 12:37 AM

I think it's totally different in that she killed an innocent animal just for the heck of it in a really horrible way...you can't compare it to different religions or sexual orientations...and frankly I don't think you want to have high heels digging into your head.

It pisses me off when people get animals just to torture or kill them that's really disgusting and I think they should have the same done to them.

#35 ( ̄ー ̄)

( ̄ー ̄)

crazy fangirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 09:37 AM

See, I can never take furry-lovers seriously when it comes to stuff like this.

They're just biased like hell and don't act rationally.

#36 I_B_Nathan

I_B_Nathan

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 11 June 2006 - 11:52 AM

I think it's totally different in that she killed an innocent animal just for the heck of it in a really horrible way...you can't compare it to different religions or sexual orientations...and frankly I don't think you want to have high heels digging into your head.

It pisses me off when people get animals just to torture or kill them that's really disgusting and I think they should have the same done to them.

Then whats the difference of killing innocent people. They get tortured and what do you guys say? Nothing, Cause you guys don't even care! Stuff like this can't be stoped, even if you sign some stinking law. Its in the situation where people need to start growing up and ignoring all this hatred. Jeffu is right.

So... this lady is by default a horrible person because she is okay with doing this, while you all aren't?

People are different in many ways. Not everybody agrees, that this women is doing the wrong thing. Its just, an opinon that everybody has. You guys make this lady sound so mean. But to think about it, you've probably done something by-far worser or as bad as this.

Edited by I_B_Nathan, 11 June 2006 - 11:53 AM.

#37 Ai-chan

Ai-chan

Mistress of Snark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 02:58 AM

Stuff like this can't be stoped, even if you sign some stinking law. Its in the situation where people need to start growing up and ignoring all this hatred. Jeffu is right.

Although it is inevitably unavoidable in a realistic sense, you cannot just automatically tell someone to "ignore" it, if they feel strongly about the issue. It may be one of those "you're helpless" sorts of situations in terms of "stopping it", but it certainly does not make you more "grown up" because you've chosen to turn a blind eye to something just because you feel that the odds are against you. That alone only makes you either lazy or hopeless... I'm not saying that if you can learn to put it in the back of your mind because you cannot do much to prevent it that it necessarily means this about you, but the mere assumption that everyone should do this, or be immature inevitably does.

People are different in many ways. Not everybody agrees, that this women is doing the wrong thing. Its just, an opinon that everybody has. You guys make this lady sound so mean. But to think about it, you've probably done something by-far worser or as bad as this.

You're right, people are different in many ways, but despite this quality, there is little that can be done or said to justify what this woman has just done. If you may name one for me, I'd surely retract this statement.

It may be a "general opinion", this is true, however it's a justifiable one. Little has been done exactly to prove that this woman is not mean- Although there's much evidence to support that she more than likely is. Basically, the main person who's "Made this lady sound mean" is the woman herself... No?

I can hardly believe that a woman with proper morals and a balanced life could ever pull something off such as this...I'm actually a little baffled that you seem convinced otherwise.

and By the by.... I've thought about it...and I can honestly say that I've NEVER done anything anything nearly as horrific as this... in my entire lifetime. In 15 long years I have never even killed an animal... I rarely even kill bugs unless they take me off gaurd...

In my entire life, I have never even considered slowly torturing another being for my own twisted pleasure. Life should be respected and embraced- Never should any creature have to go through something such as that...Certainly never by my own hands.

I'm rather offended that you could assume something such as that... Even if that was directed towards a general audience.

Edited by Ai-chan, 13 June 2006 - 03:03 AM.

#38 ( ̄ー ̄)

( ̄ー ̄)

crazy fangirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 09:26 AM

Life should be respected and embraced- Never should any creature have to go through something such as that...

Are you a vegetarian? :V

#39 Ai-chan

Ai-chan

Mistress of Snark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 01:59 PM

Not strictly, although I rarely eat meat these days.

If you're going to point out the cruelty in meat processing, I'm fully aware of that. That would be old news.

#40 ( ̄ー ̄)

( ̄ー ̄)

crazy fangirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 03:00 PM

eh, now that I'm home I can type more. I know this isn't directed directly at me, but I suppose I sort of share the same view with I_B_Nathan... sort of.

Although it is inevitably unavoidable in a realistic sense, you cannot just automatically tell someone to "ignore" it, if they feel strongly about the issue. It may be one of those "you're helpless" sorts of situations in terms of "stopping it", but it certainly does not make you more "grown up" because you've chosen to turn a blind eye to something just because you feel that the odds are against you. That alone only makes you either lazy or hopeless... I'm not saying that if you can learn to put it in the back of your mind because you cannot do much to prevent it that it necessarily means this about you, but the mere assumption that everyone should do this, or be immature inevitably does.

First of all... I don't believe I am just ignoring this. It's just something I have come to accept; these are two different things.
If I took the time to get angry about every murderer, rapist, suicidal bomber, religious fanatic or whatever the hell that exists out there I would be quite the busy person. Not to say I'm purposely ignoring such things because I'm lazy, but I can hazard a guess thinking about these things, being sad over such things would make me a sad person. See, I've made it a habit to acknowledge something, but to not let the emotional baggage that comes with it hold me down. An example, I really like animals. I have a dog myself, and would hate to see him suffer the fate like the kitten in the OP's post. But I am not going to agonize over the possibility of that happening. Why? I accept that it may happen... somehow. But if it does, I doubt I could do anything about it.

It may be a "general opinion", this is true, however it's a justifiable one. Little has been done exactly to prove that this woman is not mean- Although there's much evidence to support that she more than likely is. Basically, the main person who's "Made this lady sound mean" is the woman herself... No?

Now, who are you say that what she did is mean?
See, you... sleep on a bed, right? In a fictional scenario, I could believe that sleeping on a bed was a sin. A horrible sin, the worst of them all. I could tell all my friends about this, and they would talk about how you are a horrible person.

But are you?

and By the by.... I've thought about it...and I can honestly say that I've NEVER done anything anything nearly as horrific as this... in my entire lifetime. In 15 long years I have never even killed an animal... I rarely even kill bugs unless they take me off gaurd...

What the hell... you have killed bugs?! OMG. Wtf. Seriously, how twisted are you?! ;_;

~ I'm not saying that everyone has to change their morals, their beliefs and all that other useless stuff ^^ (I kid, I kid~). But people need to look at things from a different perspective. Look at all those protests about that girl in (some middle eastern country...) who was being sentenced to death after killing her would-be rapist. Mostly Western people are pissed at hell... but the majority fails to realize that it's just their way of life, no matter how wrong we see it as.

Edited by Jeffu, 13 June 2006 - 03:25 PM.

#41 Jakalope'sBoy

Jakalope'sBoy

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 05:30 PM

Jeffu, I understand what you are saying. However, there is nothing to justify what that woman did to the cat. Nothing. Her act was simply repugnant. Logically, what was her reason for committing such an act? She tortured the animal out of sadism.

People who eat animals have a reason and it is because they are carnivores. Carnivores eat meat for sustenance purposes.

Anyone who kills a fairly intelligent animal or human out of pleasure is wrong. On all accounts and in all cultures. There is no justification to hurt or kill a human or animal that evidently can feel and dislikes pain exclusively for mental/emotional nourishment. Before we digress into death penalty... some people may take gratification with it but there is a reason behind that satisfaction.

This woman had no purpose in ending the cat's life, especially so cruelly.

#42 ( ̄ー ̄)

( ̄ー ̄)

crazy fangirl

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts

Posted 13 June 2006 - 05:36 PM

I agree, and I probably came off too strong on the 'this woman isn't bad you just think she is' line of thought. I don't think what she did is right, but I do not plan on reacting so strongly as some people have.

Rereading my post it doesn't seem completely appropiate for this situation... but it works, I guess.

editsu: it's all about perspective in the end.

Edited by Jeffu, 14 June 2006 - 09:29 AM.

#43 AznTarget

AznTarget

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 01:22 PM

This is serious, I never thought they did that to poor animal like that kitten. thanks for putting a warning on the three last one

#44 shinhuamanda

shinhuamanda

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 669 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 03:58 PM

Unfortunately, some people don't give a damn about animals. I know this well because my mom is one of these people. Some people also have sick minds because they love to see torture. That bwitch probably stepped on that cat because it was a form of "amusement" to her.
But she isn't the only one, I recently watched a video where people paid tickets to see an elephant get cut in half. This was in America by the way. What's even worse is that this is happening everywhere around the world, just as you said. The sad thing is that people will still do those things even if there are laws that forbid them to torture animals. Animal torture is cruel and it isn't an entertainment pleasure.

#45 Ai-chan

Ai-chan

Mistress of Snark

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 08:08 PM

Mehh... I meant to reply to this sooner, I'm sorry... ><;; Busy lately.

eh, now that I'm home I can type more. I know this isn't directed directly at me, but I suppose I sort of share the same view with I_B_Nathan... sort of.
First of all... I don't believe I am just ignoring this. It's just something I have come to accept; these are two different things.
If I took the time to get angry about every murderer, rapist, suicidal bomber, religious fanatic or whatever the hell that exists out there I would be quite the busy person. Not to say I'm purposely ignoring such things because I'm lazy, but I can hazard a guess thinking about these things, being sad over such things would make me a sad person. See, I've made it a habit to acknowledge something, but to not let the emotional baggage that comes with it hold me down. An example, I really like animals. I have a dog myself, and would hate to see him suffer the fate like the kitten in the OP's post. But I am not going to agonize over the possibility of that happening. Why? I accept that it may happen... somehow. But if it does, I doubt I could do anything about it.

I actually wasn't directing this towards you... or anyone in particular... Just addressing the general feeling that a lot of people seem to harbor- I'm sorry if it seemed anything but or if I offended you in any manner.

I'm not saying that you should get angry or particularly upset at every single horrible thing that happens and will happen in the world, as Indeed you would be a very very busy person, however some people have the right to have a different outlook than you. Sometimes, things like this upset people...whether it is the intention that they have when they set out to venture into these types of topics or not. It's a difficult thing to look at this in a passive point of view for some people with a pationate opinion, outlook, or general personality... It certainly doesn't make them wrong, just a little more susceptible to being hurt. There are many different ways to approach it...and hell, although it's a very far off hope, as there will always be animal cruelty just like there will always be bastards in the world, if more people cared , then these situations would lessen even without the probability at all of it being wiped out completely. Sometimes it doesn't hurt to be optimistic...Even though sometimes it gets a little painful- However, if someone truly feels that they have the mindset to want to persue groups, organizations- whatever, that they feel would at least ease their minds about knowing that things like this are happening out there, then I say... Go for it. *shrug* Who knows? It could do some good. No one can really judge, until they've tried themselvs, right?

Now, who are you say that what she did is mean?
See, you... sleep on a bed, right? In a fictional scenario, I could believe that sleeping on a bed was a sin. A horrible sin, the worst of them all. I could tell all my friends about this, and they would talk about how you are a horrible person.

But are you?

Sleeping on a bed and harming another creature are hardly two scenerios that you could exactly use to compare. Although I understand where you are going, Sleeping in a bed, although fictionally sinful, has nothing to do with harming another being... You could be hypothetically worshipping Satan or some such oddness, but unless you are sleeping on top of a little kitten to suffocate it, I hardly think that there's much...relevance.

See, this is where you are seeming to go off, here... This isn't about a culutral difference...a religious belief...differing opinions....

This is about harming and killing another being without justification...for mere pleasure... and that is never okay... No matter who you are, or think that you are.

People who eat animals have a reason and it is because they are carnivores. Carnivores eat meat for sustenance purposes.

:-P You made a wonderful point...however... The human race are omnivores...not strictly carnivorous... ^^;

Edited by Ai-chan, 16 June 2006 - 08:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users