20 replies to this topic

#1 Coolin

Coolin

BoAjjang Administrator

• BoAjjang Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 02:18 PM

Basically, what happened was that our host, AdvancedRack, basically shut down without any notice whatsoever. Because we had absolutely no clue this was going to happen, we didn't change servers nor did we do frequent backups of our site.

Fortunately, I was able to obtain a backup of our site and forums. Just before our host died. This backup is now running on a server by thaDJ, one of our IRC channel members. However, the change in servers basically screwed up the backend of our website. The content is still there, it just doesn't show up properly.

In hosting, we're pretty much in limbo. If anyone could help us out, that would be cool. But we will be looking for another host very soon.

[UPDATE] After a lot of fixing, the site is again fully functional. The downloads have been removed for the time being.

#2 Coolin

Coolin

BoAjjang Administrator

• BoAjjang Founder
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 03:29 PM

I fixed the majority of the site now.

Just the gallery doesn't work.

#3 BeA*

BeA*

BoA* Lookalike

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 05:11 PM

ooh so that's wut happened. yah, i got really confused when I didn't end up on the BoA Jjang website. I thought you closed everything down. **phew**

#4 Coolin

Coolin

BoAjjang Administrator

• BoAjjang Founder
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 06:09 PM

I love BoA too much to do that! :D

#5 Jonnie

Jonnie

HP:

• BoAjjang Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 06:55 PM

Sarang :D

#6 Coolin

Coolin

BoAjjang Administrator

• BoAjjang Founder
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 07:58 PM

Ok, the gallery is fixed now.

Only downloads won't work. And they will never work while we're on this server because of legal and bandwidth concerns.

#7 Guest_thadj_*

Guest_thadj_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2003 - 09:09 PM

you MEAN I fixed it :D

#8 Coolin

Coolin

BoAjjang Administrator

• BoAjjang Founder
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 27 September 2003 - 09:46 PM

Before the gallery, I was doing random crap... And it did something. And the only "I" I found was on my 2nd post.

But you fixed most of it yes. :D

So basically, thaDJ fixed the gallery and secured all the holes I left open. :wub:

#9 Edyon

Edyon

BoA's Sweetie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 12:49 AM

we can start looking for another host....
my problem is fixed :D

#10 Coolin

Coolin

BoAjjang Administrator

• BoAjjang Founder
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 01:20 PM

This time, it'll be a nice slow search.
We've gone through two crappy hosts already. :D

#11 Edyon

Edyon

BoA's Sweetie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 07:44 PM

okz. after u found out, contact me :D

#12 Edyon

Edyon

BoA's Sweetie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 07:57 AM

i received this mail from this guy:

My Name is Glenn Martin, I worked as a System Administrator for Advancedrack.com. As many of you already know Advancedrack.com went in to major debt and is now out of business. They were behind in server payments and due to this all three servers Alpha, Delta and Theta were turned off be the respective DC's. As system administrator i had intricate knowlege about the Advancedrack.com servers and which DC they were located at and how far they were behind on payments. This information i have passed along to a few select customers who were willing to take over their late payments to restore access to the servers to get backups of their DB's, software and html. wwww.Chronichosting.com (john) has already paid 155.00 for the Theta server to restore access. Any customers on the Theta (rackshack server) should speak to john via AIM or MSN. As for the Alpha and Delta servers. John along with a few select customers paid to have access to the Delta server restored. The Delta server is now up and Apache running. Please backup your files and DB's as soon as possible as that server was only paid to be online a few days at best. Regarding the Alpha server we are still taking donations to restore access. One customer has been gracious enough to agree to send payment for the Alpha server later today to try and get access restored so that you can backup your files. Donations are still beign accepted to pay back this customer for his efforts. The balance due on the Alpha server was 199.00. If you would like to make a donation please contact me at [email protected] for the next few days. That being said if everything goes correctly the Alpha server should be back up later today. If you have any questions please email me back and i will try and answer them to the best of my ability. AGAIN, i no longer work for Advancedrack.com. I am trying to help as many customers as i can through this mess left for us by Matt and Sherry Williams.

Thanks again, Glendon Martin

#13 Edyon

Edyon

BoA's Sweetie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 30 September 2003 - 07:51 PM

To access the alpha server use http://http://66.246.85.157/ /whm for your reseller /cpanel for your cpanel and /webmail for your mail

Glenn Martin

Thanks to few customers who donated the monthly fee and reconnect fee the Alpha server is backup so that you can get your backups. If you are inclined to make a donation to pay these customers back please send any monies to the [email protected] paypal address. If you have any questions please contact me.

Glenn Martin

-----------------
he also sent me a mail.
saying that DO NOT pay Chronic hosting.
scam company =

#14 Coolin

Coolin

BoAjjang Administrator

• BoAjjang Founder
  • 5,366 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 10:59 PM

Those two emails are totally different from one another...
One says pay Chronichosting and the other says don't pay.

But it's all good anyways, I already have all our files backed up. :angry:

#15 Edyon

Edyon

BoA's Sweetie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 09:45 PM

nah. first one says make DONATION to chronic. as they are the one helping to put the server up. but later they discovered it was rather a scam...so DONT pay them, but the servers are still up anyways :angry:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users