83 replies to this topic

#76 itslikedat

itslikedat

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 29 March 2007 - 01:22 PM

I wouldnt mind if my parents didn't pay me and I don't think you should either.
Working for the store should be a responsibility.
Your dad looked after it to make money for you and your family, not because he felt it'd be fun.
And also, your dad has done so much for you since you were a child.
I think it'd be pretty fair for you to help him out.

&& about the hitting thing:
Sometimes you might look at your family and you think it's horrible, so you compare it to your peers. But do you actually know what goes on in all of their homes?
I remember when I was younger I used to get annoyed by my parents 24/7 because they bugged me to practise the piano and do my homework before watching tv. But after when I went to one of my friend's house, I realized that I should feel veryy lucky. Her mom would yell and hit her for not bringing something upstairs. She wouldn't even reason with her at all whenever they talked.

#77 PinkStarry

PinkStarry

Boa's Cheerleader★

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:43 PM

Well...u shud tell that to my dad XD
im 16 n he's still heating me for not doing HIS dishes after he eats...*i ate b4 him

#78 detunedradio

detunedradio

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:58 AM

I know asian parents all hit their children; it's part of their culture, but I don't know if it's right for my dad to continue hitting me when I'm already 17. He tends to lose control sometimes and screams over little things. It only happens sometimes; he's very loving most of the time, but it almost gets scary to be with him at times.

It makes me compare my life with other people my age and how they would be able to stand it if they were in my shoes.
One question:
Does your parents make you work in their store? I have to work at my dad's store (without pay) monday through saturday. I have to wake up everyday at 6:00 even though it's summer break and get home around 8. It would make me feel better if someone else was going through this kind of thing.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

If he's hitting you because he has a monkey up his ass then it's abuse.

#79 forkstah

forkstah

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 10:43 AM

i understand where you are coming from im 18 and the last time my dad had done something of this sort was a few months ago, probably in january. i find it ridiculous, the way parents treat us sometimes, they want the best for us but sometimes their actions are not necessary. there are other ways to raising a human being. i mean when someone is still an adolescent, still in their toddler years, i believe its ok, but not to harsh, just a little spank here and there, to show them what is right and what is wrong, but here we are 17 18 and the parents has not stopped yet, we just have to speak out to them, as much as it may make things worse, that is what you need to do, its what i did, and my dad is kind of off of my case. he gives me the space i need, he knows im not daddys little girl anymore. he knows i am in college now and that i will sooner or later be going off and doing my own thing.

#80 kpluv

kpluv

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 07:48 PM

this is an interesting topic
caught me eyes when i first see it
well my parents are really strictly i had such horrible memories living
with them , but not my mom since shes really nice anyway
BUT my dad gave me alots of pressure and heart attack sometimes
he HIT me alots when i was a child , i still remember these days and todaii
but NOT much now since my mom told him to stop hitting me like an animal lol xD
im so scared of him - asian parents are somehow scaryy !!! to me
but theyre NICE , well just for somtimes

#81 mona

mona

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 02:33 PM

My parents are indian so technically we are asian even though most people associate "asian" as the far-east asian kind, not the south or middle-east, but I know what you mean. My mom is the abusive one in the family, my dad just yells so much that I don't even want to know how it'd feel like if he hit me. He's never hit me before in my life. He may have pulled my arm roughly but he hasn't tried to hurt me physically. So emotionally I am pretty screwed up (always trying to look on the bright side though). I know some families have it worse than me, I know some families have it far better. I have white friends, black friends, hispanic friends, and trust me they aren't only "yelled" at. Keep in mind that not all asians hit their children.

I just pray to God if I ever have children, I won't treat them as coldly as I've witnessed other parents treat their children.

#82 iloveyunho

iloveyunho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 04:52 PM

my parents r very chinesey but i've never been hit before...i've pretty much been spoilt all my life. but dad never lets me go out and mum is always telling me what kinda bf i shud find...XD which is pretty amusing, actually.
um...mum has a short temper and randomly gets angry at me, then i get angry back =X and dad is usually nice but when he gets angry and yells it's like. RAWWWWR~
i'm 18. and i'm not allowed to go out. omgah x_X locked in my house...but i have bjj~

#83 itslikedat

itslikedat

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 04:18 PM

Well...u shud tell that to my dad XD
im 16 n he's still heating me for not doing HIS dishes after he eats...*i ate b4 him

You do dishes seperately??
i never thought someone would get annoyed with their parents because of that. :lol: :ph34r:

#84 [email protected]

[email protected]

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 02:45 AM

i understand what u fell. i dont think bitting ur children is a right things. i kind of jealous to non asia parent. i mean asian parent was a stubborn people. i cant express my opinion and idea. they think that parent always right. i had ever beaten by may dad. but it is not my fault that time. really. i fought with my sister at that time. then her books fall down fromt he desks. she thought that i throw the books. but actually i did nothing. it just fall down like that. she blamed me infront of my father. and hw hitted me. i was a stubborn girl. and i felt innocent. he beat me until my eye was bleeding. and my face was bleedingg. i kind hate him since that tiime. but i had forgive him. but sometimes i cry if i remember that time. i kind of trauma becos of that. but he never beat me again since then. i had to lie to my friends becos of that. so i promised myself that i would not beat my child.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users