[Taiwanese drama] It started with a kiss, The magicians of love,

#63 everlasting56

everlasting56

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 21 October 2007 - 08:55 PM

I personally would recommend a tawianese drama called It Started with a Kiss Its about this girl who gets an F in every subject pretty much and she likes this guy who is the total opposite of her; he gets an A in every subject. Apparently, the guy is REALLY REALLY hot in the school and has so many admirers and the girl along with the many admirers fight to be with the guy Anyways, its a really funny drama series xDD ppl should watch it

#64 BoA HoliC

BoA HoliC

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 03:57 AM

I recommend COFFEE PRINCE... i love this drama alot... yoon eun hye acted really2 good..... i love the chemistry between gong yoo and yeh... must watch..^^

#65 ~Spica~

~Spica~

The Red Butterfly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 02:22 PM

The only one I've really had time to see is 1 Litre of Tears. I really enjoyed it.

#66 sakura_lite

sakura_lite

DBSK Lover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,447 posts

Posted 22 October 2007 - 05:10 PM

My Name is Kim Sam Soon<3 My GIRL!

i have the urge to watch MNIKSS again because it was soo cute<333

I dont like Lui Yi Fei... her acting wasnt my type and I hate her character in the Return of the Condor Hero

Edited by sakura_lite, 22 October 2007 - 05:12 PM.

#67 addiction*

addiction*

timelesslove*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 05:54 AM

Honestly... The BEST Japanese drama I've EVER watched HAS to be
Nodame Cantabile.
IT'S JUST OMFG SOOOO FUNNY. I REALLY rofl'd while watching this show. It's just TOO great. I cried in the ending though.. It's just so touching (:. This show is also very refreshing since it's about orchestra, it's really, really interesting and hilarious. <33 two thumbs up. 5/5

1 Litre of Tears - Tear-jerker ;_;. It's just so sad, there're a lot of meaningful lines in this show. 4/5

Korean drama -
I'm totally a k-drama freak xP

1. My Girl - Hilarious, tragic, drama. It's love <3! Props to Dong Wook for being so damn hot! Hehehe. I'm pretty surprised this k-drama wasn't draggy at all. It was really, really, really, really good. I totally love this drama. Oh ya, it has the best kiss scene ever<3 5/5
I've watched this show twice.

-following not in order-

My Name is Kim Sam Soon - Very realistic. & Hyunbin is *<3*. 4/5
I've watched this show twice.

Which star are you from - Staring Kim Rae Won and Jung Ryeo Won. They have some great chemistry together. This show is pretty heart-breaking. Another must-watch. It has a hell lot of funny scenes too. 4.5/5
I've watched this show once.

Stairway to Heaven - As much as I love this drama, I have to say it's really draggy. Esp. the part Choi Ji Woo hid in the room because she didn't want KSW to realize she was there. That part as OMG, draggy as HELL, I nearly fell asleep. That scene lasted about 5 minutes or so?! Grrrr. But it's a nice drama overall.
I've wtached this show for FOUR times.. Haha.

Witch Yoohee - Some parts are pretty pointless but it's really funny. Eventhough Ga In didn't end up with the guy I want! Grr! Spoiler : Ga In ended up with the other guy... Jong Hoon was all alone in the end! He's kinda stupid though, he loves Ga In but he still wants the stupid hospital. In the end he didnt get together with Ga In. This is just... ): 3.5/5
I've wtached this show for once.

Snow Queen - Props to Hyunbin's superb acting. It's really fabulous. I can just cry when I hear his narrations. Sung Yuri has improved alot since One Fine Day. Spoiler : I like how Sung Yuri didn't die in an extremely tragic way though. It's a good show~ Very realistic, nothing way too dramatic. But the beginning of the show was BAD, the little girl supposed to be 14 years old while she looked like 9 and Hyunbin was supposed to be around 16 years old while he looked like he was 20. Wtf?! 4/5
I've watched this show for once.

Goong - It's pretty enjoyable overall eventhough i think it's extremely overrated. When it comes to the politics parts, I might as well as just fall asleep. But Yul was :notworthy: and the storyline is pretty refreshing. 3/5
Once.

Hotelier - I watched this drama 3 years ago so I'm not really familiar with it anymore.. It's pretty interesting and the kiss scene was niceee<3. I still don't like Bae Yung Jun after watching though. NGENGEK.
4/5
Twice.

A Prince's first love - Sung Yuri's acting wasn't very good but it's pretty satisfying.
3.5/5
Twice.

Mr. Duke - LMFAO Choi Ji Woo, she was SO funny in the show. It's raelly hilarious... Kinda typical i might add. But it's nice.
4/5
Twice.

My no-no list.

1. Full house - I can't say it's extremely BAD. But it's disappointing... The last few episodes I just went ~.~ wtf. Lousy ending as well. Spoiler : Stupid kiss scene. The first one was okay but the second was just... waste of time./

2. Glass shoes - I don't get this show at all. I even fell asleep while watching the last episode.

3. Bad Family - It bores me as well.. I don't get why people say it's hilarious.

4. What happened in Bali - It was pretty enjoyable throughtout the show but the ending gave me an MAJOR heart attack.
EVERYONE DIED AND THATS THE END. I WAS LIKE W0000000000T??!!/
BUT, I'm gonna rewatch it again some time later... The story was pretty good for me. *GASP* Jo In Sung *GASP*

5. Autumn in my heart - DRAGGG. DRAAAAAAAG&DRAAAGG. and it has one of the worst endings I've ever seen. Even Wonbin's hotness couldnt save the show for me.

----

The others are just so-so though. Just my opinion anyway... K-dramas FTW xP.

Thank you for the J-dramas recommendations, i should spend some of my time watching them soon. Especially GTO. The manga was hilarious eventhough it's a little too much for a lil girl like me (._.).

I have a question.
Have anyone watched MISA (I'm sorry I love you) yet? I heard it's one heck of a tear-jerker. But I wanna hear more about it.

Edited by miracle;, 23 October 2007 - 06:00 AM.

#68 *Daisuki*

*Daisuki*

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 10:11 AM

J Drama:

Ace Wo Narae
Attack No.1

Taiwanese Drama:

Devil Beside You - Rainie Kawaii^^

K Drama:

Stairway to Heaven
Full House

HK Drama:

Theres too many :notworthy:

#69 Raul

Raul

Thunder Emperor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,973 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 10:34 PM

The Jdorama FIRST KISS its funny and sad as well... Those who likes to watch a movie pertaining to "First Love". Check it out!

P.S.

My sig is one of the scene from the dorama ^^

#70 jklee369

jklee369

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:31 PM

I'm kinda new to Korean drama and was wondering what people would recommend and found this page, so I thought I share my views as well.

If you ask me what I like I would say I like the serious action stuff like "East of Eden" and "Time Between Dog and Wolf"(This got me into Kdrama)
However I also like the love stories where the main characters have to overcome sooo many hurdles to be together, be it a happy or sad ending. Such as "Snow Queen" and "Spring Waltz"
I also like the really touching stories that make you feel all emo as one they tend to have a great plot and secondly they have an amazing OST like "One Litre of Tears" (I know its s Jap drama, but was wondering if there any Korean Drama like that)

Also if there a good looking actress then that would be a bonus lol

Other drama that I have seen and would recommend to others are:

Iljimae (Ancient Robin Hood, but better)
Jumong (Great historical drama with amazing visual effects)
Boys Before Flowers (Good Comedy)
My Girl (Good Comedy)
Im Sorry I love you (Really good sad romance comedy)
Sad Love Song (Another good romance)

What I have seen

Winter Sonata (A bit slow for my liking and wasnt sure what with all the hype)
Full House (Good at the start, but fail to deliver in the end. Again did not meet all the hype)
Beethoven Virus ( I only watched this cos Lee Ji Ah in it lol)
Coffee Prince (Good comedy, love the main character played by Yoon Eun Hye)

What I want to watch (Would appreciate other views on this list)

Greaan Rose
Stairway to Heaven
All In
Summer Scent
Golden Bride (Better be good as its long lol)
Queen of the Game
La Dolce Vita
Sweet Spy
The Devil
POWERFUL OPPONENTS
The Vineyard Man
Queen of the Game
Lovers in Paris

#71 boafan_1

boafan_1

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:44 PM

^ Please don't bump old threads ^^

#72 Kwcty6888

Kwcty6888

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,355 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:18 PM

1 Litre of Tears is amazing! so sad though :[

Oh & Nodame Cantabile is pretty good too.

Edited by Kwcty6888, 19 April 2009 - 01:29 PM.

#73 babet

babet

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 04:08 PM

Some popular dramas that are airing right now are:

Queen of housewives (i find it a bit sexist....but its really funny)
Iron Empress (can't go wrong with a historical)

Past Dramas
Yi san 3.5/5
Kingdom of the winds 4/5
Iljimae (there's a sequal but i suggest ppl just watch the first one) 4/5
*Mei-chan's butler (JPN) 5/5
Love Marriage 4.5/5
*Fantasy couple 5/5
A love to kill 5/5
*Get Karl oh soo jung 5/5
*Dal ja's spring 5/5
*Gourmet 5/5
*Lovers 5/5

What happened in bali 4/5
*Who are you 5/5
Hwang jini 5/5
Jewel in the palace 5/5
Jumong 5/5
Painter of the wind 3.5/5
*Boys over flowers (korean) 5/5
*Hana Kimi 5/5

* = reccommended (especially for those who prefer funny dramas with good endings)

Edited by babet, 19 April 2009 - 04:09 PM.

#74 digitalkokoro

digitalkokoro

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 05:41 AM

LIFE (JAPAN), MARS (JAPAN), & Meteor Garden (CHINA). =]

#75 Beyondios

Beyondios

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 20 April 2009 - 07:12 PM

Ah, thanks for the recommendations. I've seen some of those but I want to try the others.

I don't want to post my recommendations because they're just a repeat of what other people already posted.

But I highly suggest everyone start watching the Japanese drama Last Friends....like RIGHT NOW!!!!
It's THAT good. I finished it in one sitting. I can't even start to talk about it because I won't stop.
And the good thing about Japanese dramas is that they rarely drag since they're almost always
like 11 episodes long. Screw the online summaries (they won't hook you), just start watching it.

And even though it has been mentioned before, I have to mention it again: My Girl is my most favorite drama. Ever. So if you haven't seen it, you better. It even made me like oranges, and I used to HATE oranges with a passion.

Edited by Beyondios, 20 April 2009 - 07:21 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users