105 replies to this topic

#91 PrettyWarrior

PrettyWarrior

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:30 AM

BoA might do the whole Anime Convention performances like Kotoko did last year at AKON to be safe before she just goes out there for concerts.

She's treading very carefully around America. I also agree that she needs to work on her English and come out with more English songs so she can have something to work with.

#92 VanillaDream

VanillaDream

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 722 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:44 AM

Maybe she will be successful... maybe it's going to be like a... some kind of rush if she gets there, she might have something they've been looking for... without knowing... you know... you never know... (and that sounded demented! lol)

#93 lovely_angel

lovely_angel

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 06:26 PM

although Boa won the vote, i think not.
in America singers to get attention in the spot light has that sexy image and speak good english, especially for singers and for Boa? i think not.

for korean singers....i think:

YG family will succeed.

#94 Neleny

Neleny

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 05:23 AM

I personally would love for her to stay in Asia. Americans really don't welcome asian artist unless their english is good. If she do decide to go to America I hope she will be herself and not change to
please others.

#95 werus

werus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 06:20 PM

i don't think the americans will ever welcome south-korean singers in their market due to the recent shootings at virginia

obviously, they have prejudices against south koreans now that the shooter is revealed to the public

#96 nekopurinchan

nekopurinchan

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 06:59 PM

I agree with the poll, though I don't believe BoA would achieve success if she attempted to enter the American market with english music. She's a really entertaining performer so she'd do better than any of the other Asian artists that have attempted to enter the American market, but unfortunately her accent needs a lot of work :thumbsup:

The point I really agree with though is that Hyori Lee is placed second to last. Despite what people seem to think is common belief, Hyori Lee wouldn't last a second in the American market :lol:. She tries too hard to be sexy (like Beyonce and others), and quite frankly doesn't compare to those artists she attempts to portray. Her songs aren't mainstream radio material here, either. They fall short of the standard in the genre that she does, even if that genre is part of the pop culture here.

That's my two cents o.o. Feel free to comment.

#97 michikoal

michikoal

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 04:11 PM

I don't think America is ready for a full Asian star maybe later...preferably before I die :D Just kidding, some artists tried to break in the US Market but failed. Tata Young, Hikaru Utada, etc. There english is good too, I can understand them crystal clear it's just that their albums didn't sell well.

#98 blackisthisyearspink

blackisthisyearspink

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 09:29 PM

I dont think Boa would be good for the american market... its cuz she's too... how do i say it ... reserved ? for the us market... i mean they're used to slutty outfits and cuss words every 2 lines... how're they gonna deal wif boa? unless there is an extremely high asian population in the us that likes boa... ><...
besides... its also unlikely that boa will go to the us... since her english is not that good... and lsm is against it. XD
ivy... iono.... i dun like her very much... maybe she'd do okay?
se7en... is probably going.. yg's music is more tuned towards the american market... so... i think he'd do fine ya
and hyolee unni.. hmmmm... she's top of industry at korea... does she really wanna go to us? and throw all her hard work away?
fly to the sky... didn't they break up??? ><

Edited by blackisthisyearspink, 26 April 2007 - 09:29 PM.

#99 your_sunshine

your_sunshine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:57 AM

of course BoA and Se7en would do good in the U.S.! Their english is real good :thumbsup:

#100 CS1507

CS1507

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:52 AM

BoA will definitely make it big in the US!!!

she did sing with britney spears before rite.??

how come Rain isn't in the list??O_o

#101 ~ JaeJae ~

~ JaeJae ~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 08:24 AM

yayyyy!!!!
BoA would be awesome here in the US!!
i hope to see her here ^_______^
Rain's coming...
isn't Se7en already coming? why was he in the pole?
FTTS?? how'd they get in tho pole? lol
oh wells....hmm i think DBSK should come to America!! ....BUT they
HAVE to perfect their english a bit more. lol

#102 nekopurinchan

nekopurinchan

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 10:31 AM

Um, Rain is already here if you guys haven't noticed :) Lol. I think BoA and Se7en are next in line.

#103 r-h-l

r-h-l

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 05:29 PM

Rain's already made his world tour, and ALL of them were successful, i think BoA might get into the trend next time =) im pretty sure she'll hit the charts =D

#104 dudely123

dudely123

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 05:46 AM

I love BoA to deawth but i think hyori would don good in the US. simply the US market is heavy on sex apppeal and hyori has it. but thats not to knock BoA but, hyori uses her looks alot more

#105 bigbangshinki

bigbangshinki

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:06 AM

it isn't surprising that boa and hyori's in the top!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users