16 replies to this topic

#1 Aestas

Aestas

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,166 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 04:27 PM

What do you guys think about BoA's career for 2007?

its only October but so far, BoA has only released 2 singles. Sweet Impact in April, and Love Letter in September. her regular yearly album, Made in Twenty sold about 350K.

Do you guys think she'll be in the end of the year award shows?
i don't think Sweet Impact and MIT were particularly huge splashes.. Love Letter is doing fairly well, but compared to the competition, there are better selling singles. I know BoA didn't perform at the FNS Kayousai for 2006... and she had been performing in that show from 2001-2005.

Do you guys think she'll release another single before the year is over?
It seems her Avex contract will be over soon... do you think Avex will want to renew her contract?

i just wanted to hear what you guys think

Edited by Aestas, 01 October 2007 - 04:29 PM.

#2 fiferdodo

fiferdodo

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 808 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:18 PM

Of course they'll want to renew it! I mean, sure her sales weren't as great as normal, but her popularity is huge in Japan... Plus, she doesn't just make them money from her albums and singles. She makes them money with advertisements and tv appearances too

#3 baizhouzhu

baizhouzhu

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:24 PM

well as i see it, all things come in good time. Everybody has their ups and downs at times. Knowing BoA, she'll be a smashing hit again with some nice singles and albums. I'm sure the contract will be renewed.

Edited by baizhouzhu, 01 October 2007 - 06:25 PM.

#4 kyo_jieming2000

kyo_jieming2000

BoA's Healer

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,589 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 06:41 PM

As far as the 2007 is going to end, BoA has released 5 new japanese song + MIT Album and at least 2 individual Korean Song...I would say it has been a great year for BoA..Then, She pick up an Anycall endorsement which is huge!!! :(
Yah, but the sales is not that record smashing as before...but I think she will get at least get an award for her this year..

Also, there are no reason for Avex to ditch BoA[Unless she called it quit herself]..At the age of 21, She is so young and got a long way to go...

#5 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:24 PM

Of course they'll want to renew it! I mean, sure her sales weren't as great as normal, but her popularity is huge in Japan... Plus, she doesn't just make them money from her albums and singles. She makes them money with advertisements and tv appearances too

Though I agree that I'm sure Avex will renew her contract, I highly doubt Avex is making much from her ad campaigns. That's pure profit for BoA and her management...unless you count those TV ads where clips from her Avex songs are used. :(

#6 CADENZA

CADENZA

The Fire Rose

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:33 PM

I'm pretty sure her contract will be renewed.

BoA isn't just a singer, she's an icon; and avex has her. :(

#7 ~Spica~

~Spica~

The Red Butterfly

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,083 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 07:55 PM

^Agreed. Besides, she's very talented. avex would be crazy not to renew her contract. She's selling pretty well too. (That really doesn't matter to me, just an observation.)

#8 FuTuRiStIc_Man

FuTuRiStIc_Man

~.:Mr. PoCkY:.~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 09:26 PM

Dude, she's BoA, BoA rox everyone's sox, she'll be fine xD

#9 otsugua

otsugua

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:09 PM

Though I agree that I'm sure Avex will renew her contract, I highly doubt Avex is making much from her ad campaigns. That's pure profit for BoA and her management...unless you count those TV ads where clips from her Avex songs are used. :(

Uh...that's why they have what we call tie-ins. Majority of the advertisements BoA's featured in, they not only promote the product, but also the possibile next single (seeing as how not all the songs have been released....ie that one song from the Honda Commercial..and f l o w e r's english version). BoA gets a lot of endorsement deals, therefore she'll record new music for it, thus, making money for everyone part of the project, including avex.

Not sure if I'm being unclear or not.

#10 MiRaCLeRuN

MiRaCLeRuN

I know BoA*

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 11:02 PM

Hm... you pull out a good point. I really do think Boa's 2007 hasn't been her best year by far, but I say its okay.
And yeah, I truthfully would laugh if they didn't renew it w/ her, because even if she's goin up or down, her stuff is going to go on for a long time, fans will want more!!!! NOW! haha not really that badly...
I rather liked Sweet Impact and Love Letter, I think it'll be okay.
YEAH GO BOA!!!

#11 alexxie

alexxie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 02:44 AM

BoA will be fine... :thumbsup: she'her popularity in Japan has long been proven, and even after 7 years in te music industry, she's still going strong and will continue to impress & entertain us with good music... :lol: Besides, BoA is a very "expensive" person, i don't think Avex will just let go her like that, they'll be losing a lot of money then... XD XD

#12 wing~

wing~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 02:46 AM

Yeah IMO 2007 is a pretty unexciting year. But I wish BoA best of luck in 2008, the end of the year is near. :thumbsup:

As for the award shows and all I don't think BoA is going to get anything this year, she didn't really do much this year and what she did do, she did with not the best results either. So yeah, lets hope 2008 pwns 8x more than 2007 for her.

#13 moonstarox

moonstarox

Jumping Since No. 1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 02:48 AM

I'm concerned about her career too.. especially in Korea.
But I don't know what to say and to think, everything that is
happening in her career right now have been so quick and..
Idk.. We'll see..

#14 Kenzaki

Kenzaki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 03:54 AM

i hope she'll release another single
hope it'll be christmas single i want another merikuri!

#15 evelyn

evelyn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 04:25 AM

boa will be fine, she is stil very popular

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users