28 replies to this topic

#16 legendsofaranna

legendsofaranna

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 06:03 PM

Just had one recently due to a windstorm. Couldn't do my hwk at all. But to be honest...blackouts are kinda fun...heheh.

If it just lasts a day then it's fine. But 1 week without electricity is quite bad. 1 month without electricity and it brings systematic collapse. Blackouts tell us how much the economy is dependent on electricity. If you really want to avoid blackouts, either build a wind turbine right next to the house or solar panels on the rooftop. But it won't save you if a terrorist exploded an electromagnetic bomb high in the skies.

#17 lovelisax3

lovelisax3

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 08:00 PM

i hate blackouts. the last big one was in the summer of, i think, 2004 or 2005. i can't remember. i couldn't go on my computer or eat from my refrigerator. and my hallway was pitch dark, so i had to use a flashlight. and everthing was very boring because i had nothing to do. but for once it was quiet in my house, for a change, lol.

#18 crazyhmonggirl

crazyhmonggirl

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 08:11 PM

blackouts are scary. When I was about..eight. We had a blackout and my cousins came over and stayed with me and brother. Just us lil kids at home minding our buisnesses and then the lights just kinda went out. It ws scary so we lit the candles and pratically sat around it XD

#19 apocadelic

apocadelic

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 09:16 AM

blackouts ?? i dun really feel anything, i mean what that goes in my head is.... "ah, darn it, a blackout ??"
although i dun face blackouts frequently, but it's not some big deal or whatever to me, when blackout happens, if i'm at home, i'll just walk my way to get the flash light or candles, if not then i'll look out the window, if i'm at class, i'll just sit at where i am, and look around me in the darkness, and try to guess what everybody is doing lol, or just continue talking with my friend haha.......

#20 Be The One*

Be The One*

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 10:27 AM

I remember I was encoding some K dramas into dvd , 4 hours went by and I had 4 more to go and my God father pulled our power downstairs and didn't notify me :lol:, but 28 hours? thats insane man.

Eish, I would have killed somebody if that actually happened.

lol, that happened to me before, tho. I was making my "BoA*: Greatest Performances of All Time" DVD (yes, I do name them). I was working on it the entire day, it seems. I have a DVD burning program where all the files have to be avi. or mpeg. format, so I had re-format the majority of the videos which took f!ing forever! My computer was running slow, and kept freezing up with the "you have an error" thing or whatever. So, I had to open up WinASO so it could clean up the error, which took FOREVER! Then I had to organize the files, make the screencap, the DVD background, then it began burning.

87% later...I check up on it, and as soon as I move the mouse, the lights went out in the whole city! Ooh......I was so mad! Son of a!!! :unsure:

And we've had like 2 blackouts at our school, and EACH time, we thought we were going home, but then the freakin' lights came back on! :rolleyes: It's some B.S. REALLY....

#21 toshiro

toshiro

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 01:56 PM

haha! same with me, i had two blackouts on the same day at school, everyone was getting ready to leave and then the lights came back on.:hug:
other than that experience, i actually like blackouts because at my neighbourhood, they usually happen at nighttime, that means that i get to use candles and FIRE! From where i live (Toronto) they actually have a day where they turn off all the power because of the time when we had a blackout and everyone was like :"AHHH, NO POWER!" but we saved lots of energy so by having at least one blackout a year, uor city can save lots of energy! On a whole, i think blackouts are fun, but if i have to get my homework done on the computer or i want to dl somehing and there's a blackout, i would be pissed.

#22 rossbarney2003

rossbarney2003

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:12 AM

I remember I was sitting my art exam when there was a blackout. I always laugh when I think of it because the room where the art exam was held only had one small window, and we were all drawing a set up of items in the middle of the room. The teacher kept stressing how important light and shading was when the lights went off. It was even funnier that even after the lights went out the teacher was shouting "Just continue with your work!". I was thinking "How can we continue our work if we can't see what we are drawing!" lol

Edited by rossbarney2003, 19 November 2007 - 06:13 AM.

#23 [email protected]

[email protected]

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,564 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:36 AM

6 days! i repeat... 6 days

i beat u...
mine is a week
i do frustrated that day
i can turn on my laptop
i can watch tv
i can even get out from my house becos there was a flood outside my house
so all i can see is water
so boring
no AC
no light
damn hate it

#24 -Chris-

-Chris-

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:29 AM

Here where i live (guayaquil Ecuador) we rearelly have blackouts.. i only remember 1 ... but it was the whole day and was sunday ... it was a rellay boring day

#25 everlasting56

everlasting56

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 08:04 PM

lol I agree.. blackouts aren't fun.. Except for this one time recently.. there was a blackout for half the school day... and we had to learn in the dark XDD it was fun but then.. I have also experienced bad blackouts >_> so yea..

#26 WINNIEE

WINNIEE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 02:17 PM

NYC had a blackout during the summer a few years back.
oh man .. not fun at all. not only was it boring with nothing
to watch/do, it was insanely hot the day :notworthy:

#27 Imperialist

Imperialist

Hitokiri Battousai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 05:23 PM

The first thing I am worried about when a blackout occurs is the stuff in my fridge.
But luckily in where I stay, there hasn't been a major blackout. At least not as bad as compared to what you guys had.

#28 mew

mew

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 09:54 AM

blackout rarely happen at my place but idk my family will wake up and we will about lots of thing while waiting for the power to come back hehe. i think black out is good to because that is the time where my family and my brother that always go out at night chatting together :D

#29 yenaxchangmin

yenaxchangmin

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 623 posts

Posted 22 November 2007 - 02:38 PM

blackouts are both scary and fun!
you get to have fun with the people you're with.
but...no lights T_T

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users