57 replies to this topic

#31 wing~

wing~

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 02:31 AM

Er, come on guys. Tributes aren't bad. In fact they are good. They are doing BoA a favour actually.

I do agree that they should sing it better, I mean good god, if you have like ... lord knows how many members (my apologies for not knowing how many members are in SNSD) and you can't do a better job than a single person, then there's a problem. But if they don't, it's not a big deal. SNSD's effort in these songs are commendable, people are overreacting over nothing. =\

But still, I don't get how Taeyeon did a good job. If she's the one singing the climax, then man, she did a pretty bad job. But anyway, props to SNSD for singing BoA's songs because it's good that they are paying a tribute to her when she's like 21. It makes BoA look good.

We all know BoA does it better, we don't need everyone saying the same crap over and over when it's right in front of our face. So people, try and stop the hating, seriously.

Edited by wing~, 01 January 2008 - 02:31 AM.

#32 hanjin

hanjin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,293 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 03:26 AM

it's good that they are paying a tribute to her when she's like 21. It makes BoA look good.

ditto

#33 Nacho

Nacho

♫ = ♥

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,614 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 05:10 AM

As a BoA fan and a SNSD fan I have to say no
one beats BoA when it comes to this song. :x

But I love it because my favorite group performing
my favorite song ever <3 A lot of the SNSD members
showed more power in their dance then usual for BoA :)

Edited by Y00Bi, 01 January 2008 - 05:17 AM.

#34 addiction*

addiction*

timelesslove*

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,705 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 05:28 AM

yaay~ i'm not the only one.
i didn't really like them when they first debuted, but now i really hate them.
i don't know. they just need to stop singing BoA's songs. no one can sing them better, so no point in trying.
but if they're going to attempt singing her songs, sing it better!

err lol, so you hate snsd for singing a boa song. sorry to say but that's ridiculous. then shouldnt you be going here and shout at everyone like a mad maniac for singing boa's songs? her songs arent yours, you're no one to say they're not allowed to try. i believe boa'll be proud of snsd, she's not that shallow.

i think they did an okay job. it could've been better though. i give them props for singing live. they wore similiar outfits to boa's! that's so cute! the dancing is okay too, considering they were given a very short period to practise, and it wasnt even their song. i give them props to them again for putting so much effort.
some people are just pushing them too hard. they only debuted on... what? august 07? come on. give them some space to breathe.

#35 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 10:18 AM

Meh, it was OK! Though they seriously need to practice more on singing and dancing (O_O). The song doesn't really require a lot of voice power, and the dance moves are not really energy consuming. Plus they are in a group and it would have been easier to sing since they take turns. More training needed, sorry I just didn't like it that much.

I say if they are going to sing a BoA song, please lip-sync if you know your gonna run out or breath real fast.

Edited by Mashimaro-san, 01 January 2008 - 10:19 AM.

#36 yakisoba

yakisoba

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 12:30 PM

They definitely didn't get enough time to practice the performance.
Their voices weren't strong and I noticed quite a few mess-ups in the dance, especially towards the end (the girl to the very left screwed up).
But it's helping to keep BoA's image alive in Korea, imo, until she can make that amaaaaazing comeback. <3
BoA's already like a legend now; at such a young age, people already really look up to her and are paying tribute to her.

#37 hyeminnie

hyeminnie

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 04:55 PM

You hate them for doing a tribute.

Riiight. :)

What's the harm in singing BoA's songs huh?
It's not a competition. They're not trying to replace her. They're not trying to be better than BoA.
Just be reasonable, judge it as a standalone performance, not as a comparison.

I don't understand why people think doing a BoA tribute is so bad.
I mean, usually tributes are for singers/groups out of the business or for long time veterans.
And for BoA to have tributes already at the age of 21 is an accomplishment.

Ugh, sorry for the rant. It's just that I'm a huge fan of both So Nyuh Shi Dae and BoA.
So it really hurts when one fanbase disses the other :/

it's just that each time they do a tribute, they do it badly.
when, i think, rumblefish did a remix of No. 1, i thought it was pretty good because they actually made an effort.

err lol, so you hate snsd for singing a boa song. sorry to say but that's ridiculous. then shouldnt you be going here and shout at everyone like a mad maniac for singing boa's songs? her songs arent yours, you're no one to say they're not allowed to try. i believe boa'll be proud of snsd, she's not that shallow.

i think they did an okay job. it could've been better though. i give them props for singing live. they wore similiar outfits to boa's! that's so cute! the dancing is okay too, considering they were given a very short period to practise, and it wasnt even their song. i give them props to them again for putting so much effort.
some people are just pushing them too hard. they only debuted on... what? august 07? come on. give them some space to breathe.

then they should have practiced harder in that short time.

that's one reason for hating them, but i just can't get myself to like them, no matter how hard it try to. they just get on my nerves. don't ask me why.
i never said they're my songs... i'm just saying it annoys me.
and i'm not shouting at anyone. just expressing my opinion just like you are. sorry if you don't agree, but that's not my problem.

Edited by hyeminnie, 01 January 2008 - 05:02 PM.

#38 zaizai

zaizai

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 01 January 2008 - 05:26 PM

You hate them for doing a tribute.

Riiight. :)

What's the harm in singing BoA's songs huh?
It's not a competition. They're not trying to replace her. They're not trying to be better than BoA.
Just be reasonable, judge it as a standalone performance, not as a comparison.

I don't understand why people think doing a BoA tribute is so bad.
I mean, usually tributes are for singers/groups out of the business or for long time veterans.
And for BoA to have tributes already at the age of 21 is an accomplishment.

Ugh, sorry for the rant. It's just that I'm a huge fan of both So Nyuh Shi Dae and BoA.
So it really hurts when one fanbase disses the other :/

I totally agree with with you said.

i'm so proud of BoA. seriously, at such a young age, getting tributes already!!
that is an accomplishment!

#39 Guest_saranghae34_*

Guest_saranghae34_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2008 - 05:30 PM

No one beats BoA, but they did a very nice cover, IMO. I wish they would have kept those little tummies covered though. O_O

#40 orangebear289

orangebear289

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,917 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 01:11 AM

haha that was...interesting
i dont think they were used to the intense dancing cause they seemed like they were gasping for air a lot o.O

#41 alexxie

alexxie

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:12 AM

I thought it was okay, i don't hat it, but i don't really like it... im not so impressed... XD
I mean, they're 9, and they still can't beat one person's charisma on-stage... and some have been training for years...
I'm not against SNSD, i was just not satistfied with this perf...

#42 wing~

wing~

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:50 AM

I guess there's a quite a big difference between training backstage and performing ON stage.

Actually, there is no need for so many years of training. It only raises expectations.

I mean how long did BoA train for? 1? 1 and a half? Before she debuted.

Then she was 'training-as-she-went'.

Edited by wing~, 03 January 2008 - 02:51 AM.

#43 mannie

mannie

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 02:57 AM

Since 7 Years old she trained did she not?

And I really enjoyed the performace. Yeah it makes me miss BoA in Korea. But we'll have to wait quite a while for that now if she wants to take a break from music.

Anyway I think we're being a bit harsh. Tae Yeon is like the mini BoA, looks and voice wise. Tiffany isn't fair off though she needs to build confidence. Just because Seo Hyun and Jessica don't have a voice to match BoA, doesn't mean they aren't as good (p.s. I hate Jessica). YuRi has a slightly deeper voice than them all and YoonA and Soo Young have great voices too. Sunny and Hyo Yeon are also not that bad, they aren't great at Solo parts though.

All in all I really liked it!! xD

Edited by mannie, 03 January 2008 - 02:58 AM.

#44 sherlock

sherlock

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 495 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 05:01 AM

it was ok i guess. it wasn't a bad perf but it could've been better.

#45 Jaejin

Jaejin

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 03 January 2008 - 06:29 AM

My Name was better ^^;;

At the previous comments, you're kinda harsh ne. First of all, SNSD is NEW. They're rookies, they don't have a lot of experience and their singing ain't the best of all. But you have to give them credit for working hard.

then they should have practiced harder in that short time.

that's one reason for hating them, but i just can't get myself to like them, no matter how hard it try to. they just get on my nerves. don't ask me why.
i never said they're my songs... i'm just saying it annoys me.
and i'm not shouting at anyone. just expressing my opinion just like you are. sorry if you don't agree, but that's not my problem.

Dude, you go there and let's see how hard you practice ò.o

You really tick me off here. If you don't like like it, OK. But do not start hating them 'just because' they had a short practise time and didn't do it thát well. SNSD didn't do a great job on No.1, but you really should give them credit for trying. Like the others said, kinda ridiculous hating them with only thát reason. Grow up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users