Photo

how do you get a mature singing voice at a young age?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 chocolate girl chocobo

chocolate girl chocobo

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1063 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 12:15 AM

so I was watching some local contests and the one I was watching had young kids ages 11 and younger!
the kids were REALLY good!!!! a lot of them sang like they were 18!!! the had STRONG diaphragms and low
mature voices, one girl (age 9) sounded almost like Mariah carey! Added to that, all of them go to music voice lessons.

So, how do you get a mature singing voice?
I am 14 right now but when I sing I sound like Im younger (in my opinion)

I mean look at Charice Pempengco!!! She's amazing!! and she's so young!!!
I was talking to some of the really goof performers in the local contest and one of the girls
(age 10) started singing at around 2 yrs ago she said, and she sounded amazing for a 9 yr old
she had a very mature powerful voice!

So again the main question:
How do you get a mature powerful voice when singing?

#2 Lexi

Lexi

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 05:41 AM

So, how do you get a mature singing voice?
I am 14 right now but when I sing I sound like Im younger (in my opinion)

So again the main question:
How do you get a mature powerful voice when singing?

You don't sound that young (I'm assuming that YouTube clip is you). :) Personally, I don't really know how to get a mature voice. I never even knew I could sing until one of my friends convinced me to try out for a gospel solo in choir back in high school, and even then, I didn't know how I had a voice that "did not sound like me" (according to sources). I think a lot of it has to do with diaphragm usage. Not everyone will have a singing voice that sounds just like their speaking voice.

#3 Jonnie

Jonnie

HP:

• BoAjjang Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1931 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:48 AM

Hire a vocal coach/teacher, and they'll teach you everything you need to know to practice and develop a strong voice.

After that, it all comes down to practice and hard work. Good luck!

#4 comet_cloud21

comet_cloud21

Trolling in the Deep

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1212 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 04:15 AM

^ Agree.

Charice started to sing at the age of 4. She trained for some time (of course, under the supervision of her mother), and then she started to join contests. So, for that long period of time, it not surprising that she developed a mature voice at such young age.

Well, just like J-Dragon, it's all about practice and hard work. Add your dedication and it will come to you. You just have to wait for the right time. Usually it doesn't come to you at once. So, if you want to improve your voice, the best thing you could do is to get a vocal coach.

#5 BAMF

BAMF

Charmed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3178 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 07:00 AM

I think practice and a vocal coach would the best thing to do. This type of thing is not easily learned; it takes years of training and practice to gain such a voice.

#6 studmuffin

studmuffin

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2265 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 01:03 PM

aside from vocal training I think it also has a bit to do with natural ability- some people just tend to have a more mature and powerful sounding voice than others. (I think)

#7 comet_cloud21

comet_cloud21

Trolling in the Deep

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1212 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 03:52 PM

^ Yup.

Charice's mother said that Charice's talent is inborn. She wasn't able to have a professional trainer. I guess you know by now the reason why.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users