45 replies to this topic

#1 Uni

Uni

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru 's Enforcer >D

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:21 PM

We reported at the beginning of the month that BoA was getting ready to film her Hollywood movie. The movie is being directed by Duane Adler and produced by Robert Colt. The two have worked together on the dance movie "Save The Last Dance."

Now it's been reported that 'Dancing with the Stars' dancer and choreographer, Derek Hough, will participate in the movie "COBU 3D" with BoA. The filming will begin this spring. The two will play dancers who grew up in different environments. The duo run into each other at an underground New York club and are threatened by one another. However, the story turns into a Romeo and Juliet story as the two fall in love.

Derek Hough is a three time champion on 'Dancing with the Stars' and has earned three Creative Arts Primetime Emmy nominations for Outstanding Choreography for his work on the popular dance show. Prior to his participation on 'Dancing with the Stars,' he took part of the Broadway musical "Footloose" in London. He plans to return to 'Dancing with the Stars' after he finished with "COBU 3D."

In addition to the movie being produced by Robert Cort, CJ Entertainment and SM Entertainment are listed as co-producer of "COBU 3D." Shooting for the movie will begin this spring in Toronto and New York.

"COBU 3D" is a movie that will focus on dance battles and a beautiful love story. A variety of different dances will be seen in the movie such as tap dancing, hip-hop, swing, and more. This movie will be released in 3D and already has high expectations.

BoA's Hollywood debut film is set to be released in early 2012. As the heroine of the movie, BoA will showcase her acting and dancing talents on screen. CJ Entertainment will be distributing the movie in Korea, China, and Japan. Lionsgate International will be the international sales agent with pre-sales beginning at the Berlin International Film Festival in February 2011.

With more information being revealed about her movie, what is going through your mind?

Credits:
Site: http://www.BoAjjang.com / Koreaboo.com
News Update: (BoAjjang.com)
Writeup/Editing:
(BoAjjang.com), Probe ()
Image/Video Source:

#2 Moon&Sunrise

Moon&Sunrise

Love&Honesty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:28 PM

Lol first. . YES YES YES YES I've been waiting so long for some news on this movie :thumbsup: No suprise it won't be showing until next year though. That gives me a year to get as many people here informed about her as I can :3
Thank you Uni :wub:

Edited by Moon&Sunrise, 27 January 2011 - 07:28 PM.

#3 wanderjunior~♪

wanderjunior~♪

/// 青空の下.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:33 PM

Very exciting!!

#4 Sakurada

Sakurada

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:36 PM

Man, I hope this is going to be a good movie! BoA forever =D I wonder how they're going to dress her up and stuff ^_^

#5 WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Hiatus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:37 PM

OMG!!! I'm psyched for this!! They said characters with two differnt backgrounds, hmmm, hopefully it's going to play the way I had configured for BoA. Anyway, that Derek Hough guy don't look to bad. I thought he was gonna look pug ugly or mediocre but, IMO he looks pretty good XD Anyways, im so there for this movie, totally gonna see it in 3D!!!! But good gracious even though its normal for a movie to take that long to premiere, it seems so far away!!!!

-- edit

now that im done with my fanatics - who thinks that BoA will somewhat be casted as a foreign character role who comes to America or that English is the character role's second language. Personally, I have a feeling that they are going to take advantage of her accent, and only require her to speak English clear enough for people to understand but not degrade for its slight acccent. It fits, foreign debuting actress = foreign character role or something to that effect.

Edited by WeLuvUBoA-kiddo, 27 January 2011 - 07:51 PM.

#6 Moon&Sunrise

Moon&Sunrise

Love&Honesty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:39 PM

OMan just noticed it says they fall in love..
THERE BETTER NOT BE A KISSING SCENE :censored: :bash:
BOA IS MINE LOL

#7 PinkStarry

PinkStarry

Boa's Cheerleader★

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:44 PM

How to pronounce COBU? LOL

#8 BoAnJae

BoAnJae

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:54 PM

BOA IS MINE LOL

Stop kidding yourself, she's mine!!!! Lol. JK.

But it's a dance/love story movie, no doubt that she will be kissing him, perhaps, even more than once haha... . I can't picture her kissing anyone....It'll be weird for me to see but I can handle it. What I'm waiting for is the DANCING!!! I want to see BoA tap dance, and do partner dances, very rare to see BoA do those type of dances. Can't wait!!' BoA Fighting!

#9 rukiasflower

rukiasflower

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:55 PM

COBU?! uh.........awesome but the title's a bit...strange? Anyway, it's cool tht they're from different environments so her English would do quite fine. Gotta bring blindfolds so I don't watch the kissing scene. At least he's definitely not a dance rookie :P I still wonder who her brother's actor will be. Anyway, i totally can't wait. 2012 is way too far >.<

#10 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:57 PM

now that im done with my fanatics - who thinks that BoA will somewhat be casted as a foreign character role who comes to America or that English is the character role's second language. Personally, I have a feeling that they are going to take advantage of her accent, and only require her to speak English clear enough for people to understand but not degrade for its slight acccent.

It would pretty much have to be that way, for BoA's *spoken* English isn't as good as her English when she sings.

Am I the only one noticing that there seems to be no mention of a U.S. release? :(

#11 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:58 PM

BOA IS MINE LOL

This is an American movie that is pegged to be a romance...there is bound to be at least one kissing scene. AT LEAST.
If BoA doesn't do that kissing scene, the movie will probably bomb automatically. If you say a movie is romance, we better see romance, not tease flirting and that's it D<!

It's called acting. If you want BoA to be an actress, then you should get used to the fact that she will be kissing someone.

#12 NikuZ

NikuZ

Forever Jumping in the Stars

• Members
  • 6,544 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:08 PM

Im very exited about this News!! Can't wait to see this Movie !! :D

#13 WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

WeLuvUBoA-kiddo

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Hiatus
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,318 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:18 PM

It would pretty much have to be that way, for BoA's *spoken* English isn't as good as her English when she sings.

Am I the only one noticing that there seems to be no mention of a U.S. release? :(

Yeah, it's my firm belief that Duane set her character role as that, but you won't believe how many people are freaking about her English. Sure, it's not perfect but I think that director and staff know what there doing. We've had plenty of actors and actresses from Asia who had to overcome that same barrier, and they did pretty decent. The storyline to some seem cliche, but aren't all movies based off of similar themes. It just depends on how they build the inner story details and finish it off. If it equates to Duane's other work "Save the Last Dance" then I think i'll be satisfied. I've never watched "Step Up" so I'm unsure how to compare that movie.

#14 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:27 PM

It pisses me off how negative the reactions are.

I usually criticize BOA A LOT, but when everyone starts attacking her even though they don't even follow her as an artist pisses me off.

So BoA, I pray and wish that this movie can shut them folks up for good and show them who's the HBIC.

HMMK? WERK IT BOA ~~ DO THIS LIKE YOUR LIFE AND THE EXISTENCE OF THE WORLD DEPENDS ON IT ~~

#15 TruCalling87

TruCalling87

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 08:41 PM

Haha. Sounds amazing! I can't wait. Just so long to wait for the movie. But should be really good. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users