54 replies to this topic

#1 Uni

Uni

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru 's Enforcer >D

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:17 AM

To the delight of fans, more information has been released on BoA's debut Hollywood movie. The movie title has been revealed to be 'COBU 3D' and will start the popular choreographer and 3 times champion dancer from 'Dancing with the Stars,' Derek Hough. Fans of the 'Dancing with the Stars' dancer are sad to hear that he will miss out on the upcoming season of the popular show. Derek Hough will be returning to Season 13 of 'Dancing with the Stars' once filming for 'COBU 3D' has been finished.

Since the announcements, many fans have been asking themselves, what does 'COBU' mean? It's quite an odd title, wouldn't you say?

One of BoA's most recent tweet, "Donny.... I'll fall in love with him.. We'll see what's gonna happen!!!! Anyways Donny is awesome!!" has prompted some fans to question who Donny was.

The movie 'COBU 3D' stars BoA as the sexy and elegant Aya and Derek Hough as talented performer Donny, two very talented dancers. Donny heads to New York to restart his life and joins his brother Nick. Nick has just started up one of the hottest underground clubs in New York. His club attracts and showcases the hottest dancers of the next generation from all over the world. Aya and Donny meet at Nick's club and Donny is blown away by Aya's skills of tap, hip-hop, and taiko drumming fusion dancing. However, Aya's brother is Nick's biggest enemy as he owns the rival club. The situation intensifies as Aya and Donny fall for each other, despite having grown up in two different worlds. The couple must choose between their love or their family.

The group 'COBU' was created in 2000 as a Live Rhythm Performing Arts Group and is based in New York City. The founder is Yako Miyamoto, who is currently in a member of the off-broadway show "STOMP." 'COBU' is a group that fuses the art of Japanese traditional taiko drumming with tap dancing and has received rave reviews from the New York Times and Chicago Sun Times.

“Dance Like Drumming, Drum Like Dancing” -COBU's motto

We can safely assume that BoA will be playing a Japanese character in 'COBU 3D.' Now another question remains, who will play BoA's brother? tweeted in December that she was meeting with 'COBU 3D' producer, Duane Adler, and that a "K-pop singer" was reading the role for BoA's brother. Some of fans guesses include Se7en, Brian Joo, and Micky Yoochun. Who is "Artist A?" We'll have to wait and find out!

A random fact:
BoA is playing the character 'Aya,' and Japanese singer Aya Matsuura and BoA are known to be close friends.

An image uploaded by fellow SM artist Isak on Twitter has just uploaded an image of herself with BoA. It seems that BoA is ready for her role as Aya as fans took notice of her newly black hair. Check out the
and learn more about them!

Credits:
Site: www.BoAjjang.com
News Update:
(BoAjjang.com), (BoAjjang.com), (BoAjjang.com)
Writeup/Editing:
(BoAjjang.com)
News Source:
, , ice (Uriboa.com), @BoA_1105 and @realISAK

#2 xxiicorina

xxiicorina

Let's Jump High Together ٩(≧◡≦)�

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,495 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:28 AM

Wow, such exciting news these days! (:
I can't wait!

#3 upstream

upstream

BoA's Secret Boyfriend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,522 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:32 AM

Was thinking about Jay Chou to play as his brother. since he already had an exposure on the hollywood, it would be easy on him to play that role (i think).

#4 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:32 AM

To be honest, I'm more excited to see this than I am to hear whatever songs we get this year. Wish they'd let her skip all music activities so she can start shooting it earlier. Hoping she's been working hard on her English, don't wanna be let down by her English skills not being up to par.

And as far as someone playing her brother, my vote still goes to Brian Joo. We need Koreans who can actually speak English, and also someone who has a bond with BoA, Brian got both down. ;)

Edited by BoA_rocks_in_english, 29 January 2011 - 08:35 AM.

#5 ~+-+Vanora+-+~

~+-+Vanora+-+~

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:38 AM

Thank you for the update! Nicely written article as always! There's so much new information for the past few days! :D

#6 fararibmw

fararibmw

My BoA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:53 AM

hmmmm. so i suppose the Artist "A" needs to dance pretty well i suppose. Aya's brother is the leader of a dancing group afterall

#7 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:59 AM

I am surprised they're picking another Korean star and not a Japanese star. They will probably speak Japanese in the film, and we all know BoA is fluent in Japanese (well, duh!) but what about her "brother". I believe they will probably pick a star that has a better understanding of the Japanese language. Although her and Brian have a great friendship, however we know her and Se7en are great friends as well from their talks on Twitter.
Either one I will be happy with no less =D! They are both great people ^_^! However, I don't think Micky will be an option since SM is involved with this movie as well...yeah, definitely not haha xD

#8 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • 6,011 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:14 AM

Its an English movie, not Japanese. I can see her speaking Japanese if its set in Japan, but isn't this supposed to be her English debut movie?

Edited by BoA_rocks_in_english, 29 January 2011 - 09:15 AM.

#9 estel

estel

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 863 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:23 AM

Love BoA new look! I love her black hair than blond :P
She looks very young in that pic. Love it.

#10 fcukbi

fcukbi

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:39 AM

2012 so far.. I want to see it now lol :thumbsup:

#11 orchidjadedx

orchidjadedx

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 09:53 AM

as much as i want boa to speak better English, I'm more concern about her depicting the taiko drum/dances because i think those are very hard to replicate because even if she play sync to it or for reals, she must have really precise timing to make it look realistic...i just watched a few cobu clips and boy are they awesome, it may look easy to do but i bet its very difficult

#12 leni

leni

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:07 AM

the first ever news was that it was set to be released this year right?? haha. maybe they moved it because of: 1, 3D effects; 2, BoA's English; and 3, the dance in the movie. my opinion anyways.
haha but whatever happens, I'm sure it'll be awesome!! :D I just hope the story will be something new and fresh and awesome and more than what's written in the articles. :)
Aya and Donny FIGHTING! :D (I have decided to use Aya and Donny whenever possible to just say it instead of BoA and Derek haha!)
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

#13 wanderjunior~♪

wanderjunior~♪

/// 青空の下.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,122 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:13 AM

Yes! Back to black!!

#14 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:21 AM

Its an English movie, not Japanese. I can see her speaking Japanese if its set in Japan, but isn't this supposed to be her English debut movie?

Because the dance club is a Japanese dance club. Just because they're in America, doesn't mean they will mainly speak English. The Japanese will probably minimum, however I have a feel there will be at least a little. Families that speak a different language usually converse with one another in that language. My friend Xavier is Spanish and he speaks perfect English to me, then will turn around and start speaking Spanish to his mom, sister in law, brothers, etc. Also, privacy. Maybe in the plot there will be something secretive kept between Aya's brother's club crew and they keep it secret by speaking in Japanese so Donny's brother's crew doesn't know what is being said.
It makes it more authentic. There are many English based movies where they have other people speaking different languages, with sub titles of course.

#15 Uni

Uni

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru 's Enforcer >D

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • 8,665 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:31 AM

the first ever news was that it was set to be released this year right?? haha. maybe they moved it because of: 1, 3D effects; 2, BoA's English; and 3, the dance in the movie. my opinion anyways.
haha but whatever happens, I'm sure it'll be awesome!! :D I just hope the story will be something new and fresh and awesome and more than what's written in the articles. :)
Aya and Donny FIGHTING! :D (I have decided to use Aya and Donny whenever possible to just say it instead of BoA and Derek haha!)
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

There was never any news that it was going to releasae this year. Those were fan speculations. The movie is set for release for 2012. They're filming in spring in Toronto and New York this spring. And they need time for production and editing too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users