13 replies to this topic

#1 hinachan

hinachan

I miss my mom so much....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 02:10 AM

When I joined BoAjjang 6 years ago this month, I never thought I'd make 1000 posts, let alone 5000. Nor did I ever dream that--during this time--I would lose my beloved aunt to heart failure so quickly, or that Japan would ever face the kind of sad, unimaginable triple-tragedy that they're facing right now. Yet that's what is happening, and here I am, writing my Forum Elder Post, and it's a bittersweet, baffling experience for me. It seems like just a few months ago, that I registered here, and everything was fine. What on earth happened? Where did the time go?

I remember that, when I joined BJJ, I was on dial-up. I had just discovered BoA through the late, great TV show "Music Video Heaven" and a CD of videos I'd gotten from a pen pal in Japan, which included LTMH and ID Peace B. With my appetite thus whetted, I wanted more--and Google brought me here! It was often hard for me to download HQ pictures, and took seemingly ages to download mp3's. (Remember when those of us on dial-up requested that songs be uploaded individually? That's because it was impossible for us to download entire albums in a .zip file, LOL.)

Those were also the days when file sharing services' downloads were limited, so it was common courtesy to "re-up" a file you'd downloaded. Because my upload speeds were even slower than my download speeds, I took to giving back to BJJ by making WinAmp skins with BoA designs, and sharing them here.

Then we got high-speed cable internet. I remember when the tech from our cable company sat in front of my PC and asked me what I'd like to download, so he could demonstrate how much faster our new connection was. Of course, I immediately logged in to BJJ and asked him to download a BoA video. Even though I'm Irish-American and he was Asian-American, he asked who BoA was, and I had to tell him! :lol:

Then I started re-upping files left and right, until file-sharing services no longer limited their downloads, and people here didn't need to re-up anymore. Except for new BoA albums and a few other things, I've stopped downloading almost entirely, because I have no way of giving back. I've also managed to get quite a few of BoA's actual CD's from friends in Asia. :)

I know that, for this post, I'm supposed to pass out compliments to people, as per tradition, but I'm reluctant to do so because I worry that I'd leave somebody out. So I guess I'll have to take a different route, and pay compliments to EVERYBODY!

Downloads or no downloads, I enjoy it here because BJJ--admins/mods/members alike--are among the best people I've ever met online--and I've been online since 1998. There have been a few skirmishes which, thank God, have died down fairly quickly because most of us--staff AND members--like things to be peaceful here. We're a diverse group of people with only one thing in common, liking BoA, and yet that's been enough to keep us coming back and enjoying each other's company. Oddly enough, it's the BJJ people, even more than BoA, that bring me back again and again.

That's why I'm here, 5000 posts later, and that's why I hope to be here to reach 10,000 posts. Thank you all, new friends and old, for making my online life better during good times and bad. :)

Posted Image

#2 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 04:18 AM

Hey! Congrats on your 5000 post. Keep your love for BoA burning.
Like you, I also enjoy my life as a boajjanger very much. :D

#3 InuBoA_Kwon

InuBoA_Kwon

BoA's First Snow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:06 AM

Waw,, finally you made it...
Congratz... :smartass:

But why did you put AIDS logo at the end??? :P

#4 LuV2U

LuV2U

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,256 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 09:54 AM

6 years of love and loyalty, 5000 post of dedications :)

congratulations on your FEP hinachan :D

#5 korniceman3000

korniceman3000

Composer/Songwriter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,383 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 10:07 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You now officially have 8 stars under your avatar :thumbsup:

#6 Moon&Sunrise

Moon&Sunrise

Love&Honesty

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 18 March 2011 - 01:07 PM

oh my congratulations. Glad you enjoy BJJ so much I do too. Only forum i've ever stuck with as a matter of fact B)

Edited by Moon&Sunrise, 18 March 2011 - 01:08 PM.

#7 hinachan

hinachan

• Members
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 01:18 AM

But why did you put AIDS logo at the end??? :P

If you look closely, you'll see that it's not the red AIDS ribbon, but the white Japanese unity ribbon. :)

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You now officially have 8 stars under your avatar :thumbsup:

Thank you, and thanks everybody. It was weird when my 5000th post said that BoA was now my girlfriend, which was odd, so I changed it to "We are all Japanese." :)

#8 InuBoA_Kwon

InuBoA_Kwon

BoA's First Snow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:12 AM

If you look closely, you'll see that it's not the red AIDS ribbon, but the white Japanese unity ribbon. :)

Ah,, fool me...
I didn't notice the sun... :P
I just focused w/ the ribbon... :D
Then,, I should say: 可愛い な。。。
So meaningful... :)

#9 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 06:12 AM

Congratulations!

But I don't think we are all Japanese though, scientifically and culturally. I think you should put something like "We are all stewards of the earth" to show harmony :3.

#10 hinachan

hinachan

• Members
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:07 AM

Congratulations!

But I don't think we are all Japanese though, scientifically and culturally. I think you should put something like "We are all stewards of the earth" to show harmony :3.

It's not meant to be taken literally. "We are all Japanese" means that we are united with Japan...it's a slogan that has been on Twitter for several days now, and was even mentioned on TV by Japanese-American actor George Takei (of the original Star Trek). You'll notice the image at the end of my post? I didn't make it--it's circulating on the internet. :)

"We are all _____" is a common idiom used to express solidarity...for instance, union protesters throughout the USA are saying, "We are all Wisconsinites" or "We are all cheeseheads" (= a reference to their college teams), to express their support for the union protesters in Wisconsin. On 9/11, Hillary Clinton said, "We are all New Yorkers", to express the world's sympathy for the victims of the terrorist attacks.

The phrasing has been in use for a long time, only the object of the sentence changes, depending on which group of people you're supporting. :)

#11 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • 8,304 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 08:53 AM

Congrats Hina! You have been a great member of BoAjjang!
We're happy that you love it here and keep coming back =D!

#12 hinachan

hinachan

• Members
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:34 PM

Congrats Hina! You have been a great member of BoAjjang!
We're happy that you love it here and keep coming back =D!

I'm honored to be the 16th Forum Elder, right after you! :D

#13 bin.kendy

bin.kendy

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:26 AM

OMFGGGGG!!! 6 months to get 5000 posts. It's so damn crazy Hina. I'm so proud of you. I just celebrated my 500th post on BoAjjang. Lol.
Your pic above is AWESOME. I love Japan. Aishiteru!!!
Lets grab the beer with me.
Congratulations!!!
Cheers,
Jason.

#14 Johan-BoA-

Johan-BoA-

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:35 AM

Pretty sure 5000 posts are big ones. I've never reached 1000 posts. ^_^