28 replies to this topic

#1 Uni

Uni

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru 's Enforcer >D

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8663 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:31 PM

The judges for the upcoming SBS "Survival Auditions KPOP Star" hosted by the three biggest music entertainment agencies, SM Entertainment, JYP Entertainment, and YG Entertainment, has been revealed. The global audition project will have SM Entertainment's BoA Kwon, JYP Entertainment's Park Jinyoung (JYP), and YG Entertainment Yang Hyunsuk. They will represent one of the strongest judging lineup South Korea has had thus far for an audition show.

BoA was one of the many Kpop artists that headed the Hallyu Wave and is well-known for her strong dancing and vocals. She has been in the Korean entertainment industry for 11 years as of August 25th and has grown into one of the biggest stars Asia has ever seen. She is also one of the Korean artists that first had success overseas, especially Japan. The producers of KPOP Star said, "BoA is a true world star who was the first Korean idol to make Korea's name known to the world...We're looking forward to her appearance on the show since she is considered 'standard' of Kpop stars. She is able to give commentary as a singer who has actually been on stage, different from the other who will be talking from a producers point of view."

SBS "Survival Auditions KPOP Star" is a survival audition program in which contestants will be judged through their singing and dancing abilities. The winner will receive cash prize and an exclusive contract with one of the three major agencies, in which they will release their debut album through. SBS is currently taking applications for the preliminary rounds on their website.

The official press conference for SBS "Survival Auditions KPOP Star" will be held on September 2nd and will begin broadcasting on December 2011.

Credits:
Site: http://BoAjjang.com
Writer/Editor: Uni (BoAjjang.com)
News: Newsen, 10asia

#2 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3833 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:35 PM

Woah~ Finally! :thumbsup:
As much excited as I am, I'm worrying about BoA not being "mean" enough to be a judge. But I believe BoA is smart enough to give honest opinions, yet nicely :)

Thanks for the news, Uni :notworthy:

#3 Kudaranai

Kudaranai

humany wumany

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1079 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:50 PM

When I read this, I was very giddy. It was weird because it's not like she's releasing a new album. I think I'm just happy because it means she'll be on Korean TV more now.

#4 borin87

borin87

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 08:50 PM

I am really happy to hear this news on the day celebrate her 11th anniversary in Korea. Hope to see her on TV soon. By the way, does anyone know when the audition be broadcast? And also thank you for sharing this great news.

#5 Mashimaro-san

Mashimaro-san

VIVID

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2467 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 09:22 PM

Nice! I want to see BoA more on media :D! Seriously our girl has been off the radar for a year now.

#6 JustinPerky

JustinPerky

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1307 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:01 PM

OMG Awesome news!! It will be good to see BoA on Korean TV again. :D

Off topic: I love the new layout. I like the new moving head bar thingy XD

#7 superlita

superlita

I can't get BoA off my mind!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:14 PM

This absolutely made my day, you rarely see BoA on Korean variety shows so this will fill that much needed void. If anyone, BoA is more than suited and qualified for this position. <3

#8 coolgirl

coolgirl

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:50 PM

♥It gonna be so exciting and interesting!! I can't wait to watch our BoA!!!♥

Edited by coolgirl, 25 August 2011 - 05:28 AM.

#9 Ericia_90

Ericia_90

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2140 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:30 PM

wow! a great news!!! the only girl as the judges!! :thumbsup:
aww!~ need to wait till dec to be able to see it.

Btw, nicee new theme!!! :D

Edited by Ericia_90, 24 August 2011 - 11:30 PM.

#10 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3296 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:23 AM

To me its a good news because now I know that BoA will be on TVs more frequently. Her experience and effort have been recognised as a senior singer. However, does it mean that she will be in Korea more often now????
P.S: This news happened to be on her 11th anniversary. Great!

#11 hinachan

hinachan

Spending too much time online ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5440 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 02:52 AM

I think this is a good move for her. She strikes me as being the total opposite of, say, Simon Cowell, so she could give good advice without being a d-bag, LOL.

Also, if Korea is like the USA, shows like this get good ratings, so this should be excellent exposure, to keep BoA on the map between albums. :thumbsup:

#12 Kiiroi

Kiiroi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 03:25 AM

I'm really excited to see her as a judge. I hope we'll be able to watch it with subs someday.

Thank you for the news.. and happy 11th anniversary again to BoA.

#13 a_chan

a_chan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 840 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 04:31 AM

Good :)

Having more opportunities to put her face out there will be great, especially in Korea. Plus it means we get to see BoA more regularly :D

#14 Bum

Bum

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2999 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:14 AM

great news!!!
just hope that whatever her comments are.. ppl won't take it too hard and start to criticise her...

#15 tyh

tyh

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 05:49 AM

What a great way to celebrate BoA's 11th anni! Gosh I can't believe it we'll get to see her every week on Korean TV some time soon!

great news!!!
just hope that whatever her comments are.. ppl won't take it too hard and start to criticise her...

But alas, you've got a point there, Bum. Consider some netizens can be really mean and say terrible things... Last year BoA got attacked by some shinee fans coz minho hit her with a cake and she let slip shinee's comeback date...

Oh I just wish people will be easy on her! To be a judge is not an easy job! As Jennifer Lopez says it involves a lot of mentoring and it's a lot of work! I am sure BoA, with her sincerity, will give wise and helpful comments that will benefit the contestants~~ :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users