Please Help Team Janet
No replies to this topic
Posted 27 January 2012 - 08:38 PM
my friend janet is a chinese-american girl who has leukemia and she desperately needs a bone marrow transplant. she has until april to find a match. please please please take some to join the bone marrow registry. you could potentially save her life, or the life of another leukemia patient.
You can find more info or register online at Be The Match, with the National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP) http://marrow.org/Re...ation_FAQs.aspx
- You do not need to be Asian to register or help Janet. However, chances of finding a match are higher within a patient's own ethnic group.
- Registration is quick and only requires a cheek swab and registrant consent/information.
- 76% of matches are called upon to donate peripheral blood stem cells (PBSC), a non-surgical procedure similar to donating blood or platelets.
- 24% undergo a marrow collection procedure from the hip under anesthesia. Donors may experience some discomfort for a few weeks afterward. Your marrow naturally replenishes itself within a few weeks.
- For those outside of the U.S., please contact one of NMDP's cooperative registries in your home country. If your country is not listed, please contact NMDP (marrow.org) for more information on how you can register. We do appreciate and need international registries, as over half of the donations coordinated by NMDP involve donors or patients from other countries.
various celebrities have been helping out a lot too.
Victor Kim of Quest Crew:
ISA (Far East Movement, Wong Fu Productions, KevJumba, and Ryan Higa): http://isatv.com/?p=3537
please please spread the word and register. thank you!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users