20 replies to this topic

#1 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate non-asian BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8292 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:13 AM

Comeback confirmed for BoA!...in Japan, Korea, or the US??? Korean website, Nate, posted an interview with SM Entertainment representatives stating that BoA has been preparing for promotions for not only her debut Hollywood movie, COBU 3D, but also for an album. But is it really safe to say that this will be a Korean album? Or could this go along with her US movie and be an English album? And what about her Japanese anniversary? Many fans are abuzz with the news and are waiting eagerly to hear clarification. The rep was quoted saying that with BoA being involved with "Kpop Star" there as been a "rediscovery of BoA" amongst Kpop fans.
No matter where the promotions are headed, it seems like 2012 will be a busy year for BoA. Not only with her being involved as a judge on "Kpop Star" but also promoting her movie and album.

What are your thoughts on the news? What are your hopes for? A Korean, English, or Japanese album?

Credits:
Site: http://www.BoAjjang.com
News Update: Cori (BoAjjang.com) & Bokachu (BoAjjang.com)
Writer/Editor: Cori (BoAjjang.com) & yunapolaris (BoAjjang.com)
News Source: Nate News & Live Laugh Love (Soompi)

#2 BoA_rocks_in_english

BoA_rocks_in_english

The Unbiased BoA Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5890 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:16 AM

I'm hoping for a new English album,

#3 masanino

masanino

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:28 AM

I hope that will be Japanese Album. >__<
pleaseeee~

ps. I'll still happy with her comeback even if it's not be like that. ^__^

Edited by masanino, 02 March 2012 - 09:34 AM.

#4 Keyotheseasons

Keyotheseasons

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:02 AM

I hope it's a Korean album. I've been in such a kpop slump these days. BoA, is exactly what I need right now!

#5 AyuLuv90

AyuLuv90

日本 ♥ 한국 ♥ Việt Nam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:21 AM

I read it somewhere that she's planning to release a new Korean album along with COBU.
A repackage version will also come out and she'll have a concert in Korea.
In Japan, she's only gonna release a single in May - but she's doing an arena tour!
She'll also bring out an US single in July.

I don't know how reliable these information are :lol:

#6 yunapolaris

yunapolaris

I'm here because

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3833 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

I read it somewhere that she's planning to release a new Korean album along with COBU.
In Japan, she's only gonna release a single in May - but she's doing an arena tour!

An Korean album- A-CONCERT- A Jap single - A US single :o :o :o !!! If this becomes true, it's gonna be the best (and most hectic) year BoA has ever had !!!
But, to be honest, I doubt it thou. So if she releases a Jap single in May- that means she gotta leave Korea as soon as the Kpop Star is over. Why wouldn't she seize the chance and stay in Korea for the upcoming album?
Then just about two months in Japan for the single, she will leave for US for the US album !? ---> the COBU movie is expected to be out in Autumn which is around August-September. I don't see why she would release the US album before the movie?
And if the Korean album come out with COBU ---> assuming around Sept, along with a Korean concert? For how long, like 2 months? Then she come back to Jap for a arena tour around November???
It doesn't sound right to me, she's not gonna have any time to prepare for any of those events. I would rather she doesn't have to much on her plate so that she & Sm/Avex can focus to have a good promotion and stuff. The more is not always the better, IMO.

#7 ~Milestone~

~Milestone~

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:33 PM

I think it is Korean....in this article, http://en.korea.com/...ck-coming-soon/, it says COBU 3D will be opening in Korea this year and having an album to go along with it. Also, she can really use the promotions from Kpop star....why would SM not promote her in Korea?

Edited by ~Milestone~, 02 March 2012 - 12:34 PM.

#8 xxiicorina

xxiicorina

Let's Jump High Together ٩(≧◡≦)�

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1495 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

Guys, the Queen is coming back. (:

#9 bokachu

bokachu

BoA News Machine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2702 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 01:09 PM

I'm quite sure it's Korean too. Through out the article, they only mentioned Korea's activities. Not once talk about Japan's promotion.
And Korean fans are all excited about this news

#10 soratothamax

soratothamax

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

I have a gut feeling that it's Korean...

But I'm hoping she'll come up with something for the US sometime this year or next year. I really hope to see BoA someday in my hometown of Chicago. ;) But I'd be fine with just a slammin Korean album. I grew to love Hurricane Venus ALOT.

Of course, it is a shame that she isn't doing too much for her Jap anniversary, but I do feel for the past couple of years she's been focusing too much time on Japan. It's time for her to regroup in Korea or expand into the States. IMO.

#11 BNBEAT91

BNBEAT91

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 05:37 PM

This is great news! I was so excited about Cobu, and now a comeback! I'm hoping it's a new English album, but I'd be happy with anything new by BoA.

#12 iDenntity

iDenntity

I'm an official BoA fan!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 07:07 PM

i doubt its gonna be a comeback in Japan. as an official member of SOUL, we never got any word about a possible single or an album for her Japanese activities. i personally think its gonna be her Korean comeback. she's regaining popularity in Korea through K-Pop Star and she's recently been appearing in magazines and stuff. i personally think SM's strategy for BoA's comeback is what you would call a "popularity revival" something very similar to Namie Amuro when she released "Best Fiction" back in 2008. Little by little, as BoA is regaining her popularity through K-Pop Star, she releases her korean album and re-gains her fame, then afterwards SM will probably want the korean and international fanbases to support her with her movie because what BoA needs to do right now is maintain a stronger fanbase in order for her movie to be successful.

Edited by iDenntity, 02 March 2012 - 07:11 PM.

#13 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3410 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 09:59 PM

Anything will be fine for me as long as I can enjoy BoA. What language does not really bother me. BoA is BoA, the best as always :D

#14 ExoticFan

ExoticFan

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 12:45 AM

sounds crazy but I guess it could be possible. when does kpopstar finish...april?
May - japan single
June/July - followed with japan tour. maybe a 6 city tour like shinees. So that won't take long. 2 months avg.
July/Aug - US single
Sept/Oct - korean comeback and cobu release
Nov/Dec - repackaged and promotions

Tight schedule but she hasn't done much since her Xmas concert except for kpopstar, she probably recorded on her spare time. maybe that one tweet about "making a track.. logic is my BF" was the japanese single she was working on. As well as that one tweeted photo of her in Japan eating sushi. I'm betting at least the japan single is already done.

#15 Sakurada

Sakurada

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 03 March 2012 - 04:55 AM

If they're linking that album release with her movie ...and there's no news to the SOUL fanclub, then maybe it's going to be a Korean album, but with some English songs on it that will be used in the movie ( kinda like the mini album Shine We Are, which had a single English track, Flying without Wings, though it was not promotional for anything in particular ); it would be a good marketing strategy because if the movie is successful and people like the song, they will look where it comes from and then buy the album online and introduce the people to Korean music, which is where she debuted ^_^ it would also make people in Korea look into that American movie as well if they haven't heard about it, which is more marketing advertising for promotions

Maybe she made another promotional single in Japan though, kinda like I See Me, where she only did promotion for it for a short amount of time before she had to leave the country to do other things, which would be why she was in Japan recently ...but I wonder because a few months ago, there were news about a Japanese album released in 2012 and now this ...now that I think about it, they might make a multi-album with English, Japanese and Korean songs xD

Edited by Sakurada, 03 March 2012 - 04:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users