Photo

BoA places NO.1 on all Digital Korean music charts.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Cori

Cori

Teh Hajiman Sexy Fail Kru's Ultimate non-asian BoA fan

• BoAjjang Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8292 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:19 AM

Posted Image

BoA takes all kill on digital charts, placing at number one with the title song "ONLY ONE" just 12 hours after the digital release of her 7th Korean album. Fans everywhere are abuzz with news of BoA's return to the music scene with not only 6 new songs, but also a lyrical dance music video to be envious of.

BoA surpassed Psy's "Gangnam Style" on various charts such as Naver and Daum, but stayed in 2nd place on the music charts Melon, Olleh, and Melon for quite some time. Psy's comeback track put up a good fight for a while, but at around midnight, Korean standard time, it was reported that BoA was currently number one on all the digital charts.

Three more of BoA's songs placed in the top 10 chart on Bugs real-time charts!

The album will be available on itunes very soon and you can pre-order your physical copy today at various kpop oriented websites, like Yesasia. There are four different "packages" you can order, the "normal edition" which just encases the album, a "normal edition" with a poster, a "limited edition" with a 48 page photobook, or you could just get everything, the "limited edition" CD, photobook, and poster all in one!

Make sure to support BoA by buying her album, digitally or physically, or maybe even both!

BoA will be making her live comeback on "Inkigayo" on the 29th of July.

If you have been fortunate enough to listen to the album, tell us what your favorite song is and why on our forums!

Credits:
Site: http://www.BoAjjang.com
News Update: Cori (BoAjjang.com)
Writer/Editor: Cori (BoAjjang.com)
News Source: killeraznxkt (BoAjjang.com) & boa.smtown.com

#2 AyuLuv90

AyuLuv90

日本 ♥ 한국 ♥ Việt Nam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1320 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:40 AM

I'm happy for BoA and proud of us fans! ^_^

#3 ~Milestone~

~Milestone~

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:56 AM

Im surprised she beat Beast...I think she can even win music shows because she's doing better digitally...We'll see about physicals soon.

Edited by ~Milestone~, 22 July 2012 - 08:56 AM.

#4 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3300 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:07 AM

I will support her sale all the way! BoA for the win!!!

#5 Chibi_Mayu

Chibi_Mayu

Mahou Shoujo sparkles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2860 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:13 AM

So according to my context clues in place of my lack of Korean knowledge, Psy is beating her out in Instiz and Jonghyun's OST song is beating her out on Daum. Although I bet in a few hours she'll beat them out too and go for an all-kill.

#6 Princess

Princess

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:21 PM

OMGeee go BoA beating Psy and 2NE1! Heh the Queen is sure taking her rightful throne!

#7 Kentjr

Kentjr

Wowow! BoA is awesome!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:31 PM

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Why didn't I see this before. So SM has learned their lesson with HV XD. This is why they released digitally first. So people have no choice but to buy it digitally! Good idea SM :) Focus on the main selling point.

#8 Sakurada

Sakurada

mmm... BoA's cute

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

I really like the song, but it feels kinda of repetitive; for this, I think it would have been better if they didn't release the teaser since it was only a few days away anyway ...fans were waiting for her comeback for a long time and we all had the teaser on repeat for those few days and then when the song comes out, it's pretty much always the same thing xD

However, I do like the song and the choreography is very NappyTabs xD I like her hair and clothes, it reminds me of Milky Way era =P

I'm still waiting to see which version of the album I'm going to buy because the pictures haven't really been released yet ...

#9 Ericia_90

Ericia_90

My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2140 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:28 PM

Congrats BoA!!! *clap* BoA beating PSY and BEASTS. Woohoo!

#10 2boamystar

2boamystar

Always be BoA's fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3300 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 01:17 AM

She has beaten the two artist who usually do well on digital charts. SO PROUD OF BoA!!!

#11 chuck7

chuck7

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:38 AM

OMG!! THERE ARE NO WORDS TO DESCRIBE HOW EXCITED I AM :D The whole CD is just plain amazing I love every single song on it. I've been listening to her for the past 9 years and to see her beat 2NE1 is (i'm sorry for the word, but..) ORGASMIC. She deserves it soo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO BOA!!!

#12 hinachan

hinachan

Spending too much time online ^_^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5442 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:54 PM

I'm torn, because I support BoA...yet PSY's new song is absolutely fantastic! It looks as if "The Shadow" will have a music video, and I'm glad because it's easily the best song on the album. I'd have to hear PSY's whole album, to judge it fairly in comparison with "Only One".

I love "The Shadow" because it sounds a lot like the kind of pop music that tends to come out of Sweden (and I love Europop!). Britney Spears' first few albums had that sound, because she had a Swedish producer. If BoA does another English album, "The Shadow" absolutely should be on it.

BoA's new Korean album is the kind of thing you listen to at home, when you're in an introspective mood. PSY's single is what you put on your mp3 player to get pumped! So it's kind of like comparing apples and oranges. I'm glad they're both having chart success. :)

#13 fenvel

fenvel

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:12 AM

At first time, i tought that, the topic talks about her music : number one. hahaha ^^
i'm happy for her. she still the number one. :)

#14 boa's shadow

boa's shadow

Who's BoA?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

I honestly am never surprised when I hear BoA bb dominates the charts~

Of course she does and she always will, she is BoA, the Queen ^0^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users