My girlfriend just dumped me. -_-

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 01:16 AM

So I've been noobing it up on the forum for a few months, and *drumroll please*

Nick's Insane EMP

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

And yes, I know...I've been working on starting this for ...how long??? *continues working* :notworthy:

So first off, a little about me...
Name: Nicholas Stull
DOB: Sep. 25, 1983
Location: Vincennes, IN, USA...or rather a bit east thereof...(no stalkers need apply ^_^)
Interests: HUGE Computer Junkie, Movies, J-Pop & K-Pop (the ranks of artists is increasing rather rapidly), some American Music (mostly later 90's...speaking of which, what ever happened to Michelle Branch? I really liked her), Sci-Fi/Fantasy Novels, random trivia not found on Jeopardy, and every once in a while, physics, math, history, and grumbling about politics...
Bio: I was thinking about writing this, but I think I'd rather leave this short and sweet...college student in absentia and will graduate 3 semesters after returning...I lived in Indiana for the first 19 years, then moved to Rochester, NY...Had a sweet time out there, but alas...see that "in absentia"? Yeah...I gotta get back there (and no, I didn't fail out...YET ^_^ ) And I'm pretty sure this is easier to write than either of my 2 senior theses are going to be, but this is more nervewracking because LOTS of people will read this...my senior thesis? 10 people, and then the abstract goes in a lil book and it's lost for eternity...
Interests: Music, movies, sci-fi, sciences other than Biology, some rare history topics, and really bad ideas (I like to disassemble things to find out how they work and build very strange things that are known to work on occsaion, but not often as expected/hoped)

Side Note: The EMP was so confusing to me...The idea was new...The concept was new...The idea of having to do a second bigger one at 5k was REALLY new...so when I started out, I fumbled about for ideas...much the same as I have fumbled about in many other situations where there is a flexible deadline...Eventually I got set on the fact that I had no idea what to do, so I would instead just start going and see where it went...As I wrote, I realized "it's going to be short", panicked, and thought about it the next day after I asked some advice...actually this was probably the second or third time I had asked about this.. And then it hit me...What has BoAjjang done for me? Well, for one thing, it took a lot of time out of the last 4 months, and will only continue to take more...But it also broadened my perspective, as well as my musical taste...So I had to think about how to mold certain things around it...The clear answer was in the gifts post...Check it out...it might be worth your while...

Another thing I decided I would like to say before getting to shout-outs...I've been in this forum for 4 months and 1000 posts...For most, that seems like a lot...but I've not been around that long...I've still not met so many of you, and part of that was because I had to get a feel for the forum, as it is completely new to me...Well, I'm glad I stuck around...I've found a place to relax, laugh, rant, and share media and perspective alike...and I hope to be able to continue with that...And for any of you that feel like it, go ahead and hit me up on MSN or AIM...I'm usually at least somwehere around...and also I might start trying to get on mIRC...though I need a bit of guidance through that, since I've done that once, and that was in the era of the old Pentium 233 (if it was even that fast)

Shout-Outs :)

Lemme tell ya...I gotta beef up this list before the FEP...and then I'll never figure out who to put first on the list

Geraldine (gtslyn)
You are one tough girl to catch...definitely have to say I miss talking to you on MSN...I'll be online more (I think?)...Actually, I can guarantee it, but I've gotta pick the right times...like oh, I dunno...8 AM here...that 13 hour difference gets confusing. But I remember your PM striking me as random, but cool, and I'm glad we started talking...Hope to chat again with you soon :notworthy:

Sam and Shengyi (aka Daenar and xx_lost_love_xx)
I figured it was only appropriate to list the two of you together, since I ran into you both at about the same time (aww...hubby and wifey...how sweet ;))...round about post #1 or 2 for me...and I noobed, but you shared with me anyway. And I have learned quite a bit through roaming the forum and asking you for help every once in a while, and I've had a blast helping out with your thread, Sam (200+ pages?)...You two are among the first I met on the forum, and I'm really glad I ran into both of you...And now that the EMP is done, I'm going to roam back over to your thread and work on catching my own up

Jon (drummakidd)
Wow...You reached EMP in ...what? 30 days? You're definitely a testament to the addictiveness of this place...And since I see it in your profile, you need to PM me your MSN name so I can ask you for lil hints on learning the guitar... :o

Mikerz (BoA* Shine!) and Aditz
I just met you two a few days ago, but I'm glad I could provide you with some added entertainment...You both seem like really cool guys, and I know we'll have plenty of chances to talk/swap files in time... Feel free to hit me up on MSN anytime...

Pete (ptoor)
Randomly swapping YUI vids and asking you for EMP advice consists of a lot of my contact with you...But I'd have to say you're a pretty cool guy (although you being a mod scared the crap out of me the first time I saw the Spider-man in one of my threads), and I probably will need you to help me out with the IRC thing...cause that thing's a lil foreign to me...ooh...and thanks for the advice on picking up the guitar...I'm starting lessons Tuesday :D

Firestorm
Although I don't know you personally, I have to give you a shoutout for your generosity...It really is amazing how many times I've come onto the forum and seen new performances from you, and even some of the older ones...So many to check out...I just hope I can return the favor one of these days...If you need re-ups, btw, ask away...

David (shadowdragon_7
Another member I don't know personally beyond incidental contact, but you really deserve the recognition for all the uploading you do for Sam's thread...I hope I can get to know you as I continue to roam the forums blindly, and I hope I can draw on a bit of insight into the community...because I know I've thus far been quite overwhelmed by it all...

More Shoutouts (Leeched from/UL'ed to)

Everyone's been extremely generous in this forum, and I'm grateful...and there are a lot of people (too many to name) who have provided me with numerous concerts/performances/music videos/interviews and other cool videos, and I want to thank all of you...And ahead of time, I'll apologize to any I forgot, and leave myself open to be smacked by any I have forgotten

TheBear (great video encodes)
Wishes (qob)
wandoo (for taking over when Wishes' comp died)
KingofBeer (for creating the karaoke vids with kuraki-fans and BoAjjang)
xx_purple (Evanescence :notworthy: )
deadmilkmanx (sooo many HQ MP3's...That was incredibly generous of you)
Endless_Love
hip-hop_BoA#3
sjupiter13
BoAcraZaay
stanleyjim
iloveboa*
K-PopChink
rome
kidozzz
many others, lots of whom I have certainly not listed (this is your cue to smack me)

And to everyone who has requested files off of me, thank you for being so patient (especially when my connection was horrible, or my EMP was almost done)...and thank you for your willingness to help out with re-ups...Thank you so much...

By the by, I think I forgot to up something for someone a while ago...If anybody remembers/is that someone, please let me know and I'll get the file to you ASAP...

To the rest of the BoAjjang family,

I've never tried to be a part of a community anything like this. And I never thought I'd hit 1000 posts, so this is just a huge turn-around in my thinking...I know I'm one of the later joining members, and with almost 13k members, I was a bit overwhelmed at first, but with some guidance, I found a niche...Now, after 4 months (so close to 4 months to the day...missed it *shrugs*), I am feeling like a member of a HUGE international family...And I couldn't be happier to be a part of it...Thank you for making this place so great...

And of course, BoAjjang wouldn't even exist without the generosity and dedication of the staff, mods, and admins who put so much time (and money) into keeping this place running so smoothly...And I'm truly at a loss for words to thank you all enough for this (and a big thank you to the staff and mods for your understanding and peace-keeping)...

So that's my shoutout to BoAjjang...*dramatic music playing* Whew...thank goodness I don't have to worry about another one of these till another 4k posts...Thanks for reading everyone (hopefully not too painful)

And I decided that rather than do individual gifts (because I'm way too indecisive on these things), I decided that I could only give a collective gift...Because this place has been great to me, and has truly opened me up to an entirely different world musically...And I only hope that I can at least partly return the favor to everyone (I fear there's no way I'd be able to do it justice)

*heavy footsteps* the EMP gift post

-PS. LOL...Thanks for inspiring the hamster border, Geraldine :(

-EDIT-
Yes...I know I made a typo on the title...Of all the *grumble grumble*...If anybody wants to fix that (mods, admins, etc.), I'd be grateful...

I thought there was something not quite right there...last thing I expected... *shrugs*

-re-edit-
A special shout-out to JWu and kuraudo (for putting up with my spamming up their PM boxes) and fixing the title typo (lol)

Edited by viper92583, 13 January 2006 - 10:52 PM.

#2 Daenar

Daenar

BoA's my new gf!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,378 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 01:27 AM

Sam and Shengyi Shengyi and Sam (aka Daenar and xx_lost_love_xx aka xx_lost_love_xx and Daenar)
I figured it was only appropriate to list the two of you together, since I ran into you both at about the same time (aww...hubby and wifey...how sweet :notworthy:)...round about post #1 or 2 for me...and I noobed, but you shared with me anyway. And I have learned quite a bit through roaming the forum and asking you for help every once in a while, and I've had a blast helping out with your thread, Sam (200+ pages?)...You two are among the first I met on the forum, and I'm really glad I ran into both of you...And now that the EMP is done, I'm going to roam back over to your thread and work on catching my own up

oh nice!! i stole the first reply post!!! dude, awesome emp!! seriously, your's is SO loaded compared to mine! and you still have lots more time to blow on BJ and people to meet here!

and ya.. hey when i get the time, i'll go searching through the 200+ pages of the DL thread to find when you first joined in on the action there :o but no doubt, you're one awesome buddy whom i've had such the privilege to get to know since you first started here, and even moreso as we've talked and uploaded loads and loads of music and videos -- and most definitely leeching from one another :notworthy: it's been great times and i'm really looking forward to even more fun with you nick (you prune!).

ai, and thx for the "together" shoutout lol!! oh, i took the liberty of putting Shengyi's name before mine :D can't wait for your fep 4000 posts later!!! and ya, get back to our thread or else i'll have to start cracking the upload-whip! :notworthy:

Edited by Daenar, 13 January 2006 - 01:34 AM.

#3 Kamchii

Kamchii

My family just disowned me!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,277 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 01:54 AM

HI Nick!!!

thanks for adding me in your emp.

specially in your uploading helps list. :notworthy:

you've helped me a lot also.

and you recieve no smack from me? :notworthy:

:notworthy:

congrats!!! on ur empie!

#4 Eiji

Eiji

The Narcissist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,599 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 02:05 AM

W00T Congratz on ur EMP! Typo on topic title tho (EPM). xP

Edited by Eiji, 13 January 2006 - 02:05 AM.

#5 viper92583

viper92583

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 02:12 AM

^LOL!!!!!!

And I thought I had checked everything (and yet I forget the title???)...well, I guess that goes to show that nothin'll ever turn out COMPLETELY as expected...

any way to fix that one?

Edited by viper92583, 13 January 2006 - 02:18 AM.

#6 x__NiCOLE

x__NiCOLE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 04:19 AM

teeheeheehee, congratsss :]]]

#7 RisingSunRocks

RisingSunRocks

fan of BoA and DBSK

• Members
  • 7,334 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 04:24 AM

^_^ Congratulations on your EMP

#8 apocadelic

apocadelic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,532 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 09:00 AM

Congrats on reaching ur EMP ^_^

#9 ptoor

ptoor

Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man

• Members
  • 9,306 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 09:29 AM

Congratulations guy! ^_^

Better practice hard with your guitar so you could get on to playing Michelle Branch and Yui songs! :(

#10 avalon_cherry

avalon_cherry

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,361 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 10:19 AM

Congrats on your EMP!

#11 Dragon415

Dragon415

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 10:54 AM

Congrats!

#12 xx_lost_love_xx

xx_lost_love_xx

BoA's my new gf!

• Members
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 01:47 PM

Sam and Shengyi (aka Daenar and xx_lost_love_xx)
I figured it was only appropriate to list the two of you together, since I ran into you both at about the same time (aww...hubby and wifey...how sweet :unsure:)...round about post #1 or 2 for me...and I noobed, but you shared with me anyway. And I have learned quite a bit through roaming the forum and asking you for help every once in a while, and I've had a blast helping out with your thread, Sam (200+ pages?)...You two are among the first I met on the forum, and I'm really glad I ran into both of you...And now that the EMP is done, I'm going to roam back over to your thread and work on catching my own up

first off! what sam did was the first thing that caught my eye when i was going to reply haha. such a sweetie :D

ok first things first! CONGRATS ON YOUR EMP!
i was waiting for it sin e you said you were almost done =D
i remember when you first joined and requested =]
tehe i was in my i'm going to introduce myself to everyone mood
and i guess thats how you grew to know me =P

thanks for always helping out with the thread.. i remember when it was just me and sam and it slowly grew =]
wow you upload a lot too, thanks so much :notworthy:
its been awesome knowing you, and you're GREAT!!
ok enough gibber gabber from shengyi :notworthy:

congrats on your emp once again =]

Edited by xx_lost_love_xx, 13 January 2006 - 01:56 PM.

#13 AngelicBeatofBoa

AngelicBeatofBoa

BoA*'s Guardian Angel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,004 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 01:57 PM

congrats on ur emp :D *gives a dollar*

#14 LiLstephy

LiLstephy

BoA*'s LiL Sis

• Members